Show Us Your Moves

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Lol. I usually just push the sticks in a direction, and hope it looks cool - and it usually does 😄. I do knife edges, and it’s pretty easy to do. Just use your aileron to keep your plane sideways while giving full rudder. Have fun!

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'm gonna have to dig up some footage for this. I haven't mastered ailerons and stuff such as rolls and knife edges, but I can do loops with most planes, and I'm a boss at high alpha. Nothing can cobra like my V Sliver.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here's a good clip. I start out with some normal cruising around to show that my plane can fly like any other plane, straight and level with decent stability. Just after the one minute mark, I start to bring it down slow and low, and from that point, crazy high alpha stuff. I would obviously not recommend this for a normal straight wing plane. I'm not too familiar with 3d birds, but some of them may be able to fly like this, and perhaps even turn and maneuver while maintaining high alpha. A tailless delta of some sort or another is probably your best bet.

Last edited:

FPVAirCombat

My favorite move is a large barrel roll with a sweeping turn to setup for a pass down the runway. It’s great turn around maneuver that shows the plane off in all angles and sounds great especially with a EDF jet!

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
Been working on this one since I realized I could do snap 360 turns with Nutball derivatives. The Fixed Wing Funnel!(Its not just for multicopters!)

FPVAirCombat

Nothing fancy but some smooth aerobatics from FPV flying at low level. I like the 8 point roll and slow roll. And then some scenic views up high...

Vimana89

Legendary member
Nothing fancy but some smooth aerobatics from FPV flying at low level. I like the 8 point roll and slow roll. And then some scenic views up high...

Nice vid/camera angle and good flying! I like when there's like a bit of nose in the shot or another part of the plane that doesn't block the view but lets you see the way the plane is moving better👍. Excellent rolls too.

FPVAirCombat

Thanks Vimana89. Normally I fly full head-tracking. It was broken that day so camera was fixed. Here’s one with HT working. Depending on the maneuver, I look out at different parts of aircraft for reference. Wind was a bit bumpy though.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks Vimana89. Normally I fly full head-tracking. It was broken that day so camera was fixed. Here’s one with HT working. Depending on the maneuver, I look out at different parts of aircraft for reference. Wind was a bit bumpy though.

Yeah now that's a class act right there the head tracking makes the viewing experience a lot more dynamic and gives more angles of both the terrain and the aircraft(y)

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here's my tailed delta, the Arrowhead. Earlier versions had a short-coupled tail plane and bad air flow and stall issues. This one has eliminated all of that through some adjustments and has no nasty air flow or stall issues, flies fast or slow, and loops and rolls great. The roll rate is quite rapid, the turns and loops can be very tight. Lots of rolls in this one, but only to the right until I fix thrust angle slop.