Show your Warbird mods

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Nice, cant wait to see your Mustang, but dont rush anything, a good weathering takes time ;). By the way, the Zero you mentioned is not by any chance a FMS aka. Arifield 1400mm one???

Yes it is! I got the green one about two weeks ago but told myself not to start it until the Mustang was finished...that way it was like my reward for sticking with the P51 mods and not just slapping it back together and doing a sloppy job.

ands

Hi guys, just messing about on an old wing; trying to find the best way to make a nice clean hole in the Pz Wildcat wing tips to house some super bright Led's with reflectors and light covers.

IMG_0288.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

WarbirdFan66

Zero dead ahead

Yes it is! I got the green one about two weeks ago...

Wow, nice i was thinking about the Zero for some time now, and after they released the white/beige one im not sure which one of them looks cooler :cool:, but then they announced the Focke-Wulf 190 and now im confused. :confused:
Still, i really like the white/beige one but i think the green is probably better to make out in the air, the red dots on the green camo, and the light grey buttom side you know.
Man i cant wait to hear about your first flight, i assume you will first try her with the stock setup. Im asking because a lot of my flying buddies rip the new planes appart and put all kind of new electronics in.

I mean i can understand that sometimes, there are plane out there with bad setups, but from what i have seen the Zero isint one of them. Lots of Power and good flight time...nice combo :).
I hope you dont mind when i annoy you with lots of question, specially about its landing gear...critical topic on my side, because we have such a bad runway here.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
I'm very axious to get it in the air, myself.
And no, you can ask as many questions as you like, I will try to answer any ?'s as openly and honestly as I can. I will probably post some pics of the assembly process here. I looked the plane over and was very pleased at the overall appearance and condition of the parts. When I ordered it I also got an extra spinner and a set of prop blades (just in case). I have heard really good thing about this plane, so my expectations are very high. I hope I am not setting myself up for a big letdown. I will fly completely stock at first with 3300mAh 30c Lipo packs. I will add an external BEC when I get a chance to pick one up. I believe in those things.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Well, the Mustang is done. Maybe a bit overdone. But, it is what it is as I will enjoy flying it the way that it is. It was my first attempt at weathering and I may have gone a bit overboard. Let me know what you think. Don't pull any punches, but don't knock me out either.
I chose the graphic because I really became fond of the name, since I purchased the plane used, she is second hand. I also wanted a pretty girl in the nose art, like back in the day. I think I covered that base, too. And it seems to work (for me at least) with the red (rose) nose, rudder and wing tips.
Her she is, The Second Hand Rose...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/galaxie500/6909612363/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/galaxie500/6909612173/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/galaxie500/6909611979/

Sorry about having to link to the flickr account, I coudn't get the photos to upload here. It's supposed to be sunny here today so I'll be out gettnig more pics and I'll try again to upload.

Last edited:

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Thank you, very kind of you to say...you have to look very closely but, there actually is a plane holding up that nose art.

WarbirdFan66

nice work

Well, the Mustang is done.

@DejaD - Very nice work man, and not overdone at all if you ask me, i like the weathering...i wish i had some hangarspace left for a nice supersize P-51. I might miss a bit residue on the engine exhausts, but thats all. And nice nose art too, is a decal or painted? By the way are you still using the stock electronics or did you change/add anything?
And one other tiny thing i just noticed, i miss a nice 4-bladed prop but thats just me, if you want more speed i understand that completly, anyway - good job. :applause:

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Second Hand Rose

Got some outdoor shots today.

DSC_0769.JPG DSC_0770.JPG DSC_771.jpg DSC_772.jpg DSC_792.jpg DSC_793.jpg DSC_795.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_794.jpg
    DSC_794.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 22

WarbirdFan66

Zero dead ahead

...I'm very axious to get it in the air, myself....

I think you will like it. She looked great in every video i saw on the net, tons of power and a very nice scale look in the air.
Im not sure that the 3300mAh lipo is not to big but im sure you will find out soon enough. In case i get on i will start with the 2800 mAh Lipo i use on my Spit aswell. And i totaly agree on the external BEC, since i had a crash with one of my P-47´s (the ESC burned out in mid flight, at half throttle, can you believe that sh... :mad:) since then i install external BEC´s in all my planes, even the smaler once, also not a 100% - but a lot safer then just the ESC i think :black_eyed:

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
WarbirdFan66,
Thank you. I'm glad you like the pictures. It really does look much different outside. Can't wait to show it to the guys at the field. BTW, I like your videos on Youtube. I have a channel also. Roastedghost on Youtube. Hopefully, i can get more vidoes up when the warm weather hits/

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Try taking shots from a scale point of view. Like a photo of the full-size plane would look.

Nice work on the plane!

WarbirdFan66

WarbirdFan66,
Thank you. I'm glad you like the pictures. It really does look much different outside. Can't wait to show it to the guys at the field. BTW, I like your videos on Youtube. I have a channel also. Roastedghost on Youtube. Hopefully, i can get more vidoes up when the warm weather hits/

Your welcome, and i hope it hits soon :D, i have enough of winter already...we just got an extra load of snow today, not really the best flight weather, not even for hardcore pilots ;)