ShrubSmacker Release

jpot1

Elite member
Don’t know why but in my head I had John Deere colors on the brain, so...

AE672622-5637-4916-BF66-110A50D99BE5.jpeg

Just need to build the pod.

jpot1

Elite member
Nice work @Grifflyer ! Had the rates way too high on the first flight which made things interesting. Tamed them down and this thing flew great. Was fast on an F pack equivalent motor and rolled like a drill bit.

Keno

I am enjoying this. This is the plane that provideds the next step after mastering the Tiny Trainer. Go for it, great work.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Nice work @Grifflyer ! Had the rates way too high on the first flight which made things interesting. Tamed them down and this thing flew great. Was fast on an F pack equivalent motor and rolled like a drill bit.
Thanks!! I'm glad it flew good for you!!!

I am enjoying this. This is the plane that provideds the next step after mastering the Tiny Trainer. Go for it, great work.
I'm so happy you're enjoying it!! Do you have any pictures of your build?

Last edited:

Stoobiedoo

I'm working on one now and I have added flaps and enlarged the control surfaces by about 1/2 inch. Does the power pod mount flush with the top or bottom of the fuselage? In the photos it appears to go at the top. This will affect the thrust angle so I would like to get it right the first time 😁👍

Also, where do you mount the battery?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Great plane! Can these plans be printed put in a tile format?

Yes they can be printed in a tiled format, I don't know how to put out plans in a pre-tiled format. So I let adobe reader do the tiling, all you have to do is open up the plans in adobe reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make tiling the plans after they printed easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.

Stoobiedoo

Well, she flies !! I notched the fuselage and added 1 large flap, she slows WAY down but gets a little tipsy. I also added 1/2 inch to all control surfaces and as a result have great rudder, elevator and aileron authority :cool: After dialing in the flaps mix and playing around a bit I had one of the aileron servos bind up and had a hard landing. It just ripped the doublers that hold the gear in place, it will be an easy fix :)

Thank you for the plans!!

20190709_062305.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Well, she flies !! I notched the fuselage and added 1 large flap, she slows WAY down but gets a little tipsy. I also added 1/2 inch to all control surfaces and as a result have great rudder, elevator and aileron authority :cool: After dialing in the flaps mix and playing around a bit I had one of the aileron servos bind up and had a hard landing. It just ripped the doublers that hold the gear in place, it will be an easy fix :)

Thank you for the plans!!

View attachment 135702
Congratulations!!! She looks GREAT!!!
Sounds like I should add a 1/2 in. to the control surfaces,
How long is your flap? did you extend it a half inch out as well?

Thank you very much for the feedback.