ShrubSmacker Release

FrankFly

I need some advice on choosing a prop for my 110% Shrubby. Please forgive my ignorance. I just got into RC airplanes about 4 months ago.

Motor: 2207 - 2300kv
ESC: 30A
Battery: 850 mah 3s
I'm using a 6x4x2 with my 100% Shrubby and almost the same setup. After smoking a handful of motors, I've become shy about experimenting with prop sizes. I agree with Griff. See if you can find a manufacturer's recommendation. That way you can return it since it's on them if the smoke bleeds out.

texas dave

I made a tail skid from a nylon cable clamp. Glued and screwed to the fuselage. Should be pretty durable.
skid.jpg

texas dave

First of all, I apologize for the quality of the video. I just wanted to prove I did actually fly my SS. I bought my first RC airplane about 4 months ago. At this point my building skills far exceed my flying skills. It was pretty windy and gusty so my flying looks extra squirrely. It was also slightly tail heavy. I moved the battery forward and the next 3 flights looked much better. By the last flight I was doing loops. This is a great little airplane. Fun to build, and fun to fly.

so if i scale to like 85 percent the wing and tail and keep the fuselage at 100 percent could i maybe use a power pack A motor because it is smaller and if so would an 18a esc be enough using a 3s battery pack
thanks again

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
so if i scale to like 85 percent the wing and tail and keep the fuselage at 100 percent could i maybe use a power pack A motor because it is smaller and if so would an 18a esc be enough using a 3s battery pack
thanks again
My question is why do you want to scale the wing down? The plane will fly off an A pack with a 3s battery and an 18 amp esc just fine at 100%
But yes you can safely scale the wing down and leave everything else regular size. I just don't see the point behind it.

the park next to my house is probably big enough to fly a regular size one but since i am kind of new to flying (i learnt to fly on the nutball and flyer so just to make sure the park is way bigger than what i need i am going to scale the plane down to like 25-26in wing span
thnaks

texas dave

the park next to my house is probably big enough to fly a regular size one but since i am kind of new to flying (i learnt to fly on the nutball and flyer so just to make sure the park is way bigger than what i need i am going to scale the plane down to like 25-26in wing span
thnaks
Hi David. I also am new to RC and fly from a small field. A few observations based on my experience flying the ShrubSmacker: It's a hot little airplane, but also can fly slow. At full throttle its a rocket, so I take off and fly at about 1/2 throttle. I had to dial back my rates to 50% with 30% expo. With those settings I feel comfortable flying this plane. Its a blast to fly.