ShrubSmacker Release

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Yup if you open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version
About tiled plans, what I would like to figure out is how to make it so that you don't need to cut anything before putting pages together, like how the flite test tiles their plans.

Flyingshark

Master member
About tiled plans, what I would like to figure out is how to make it so that you don't need to cut anything before putting pages together, like how the flite test tiles their plans.
I think @SP0NZ has to rearrange everything to do that, and there are still usually parts larger than 7.5 x 10... So I don't think it's something you can get a tool to do for you.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Wait a second, do the flite test plans need to be cut before they are taped together? I thought that they could be lined up at the dashed marks and taped, with a little blank space on the edges. But I just printed a few pages for reference, and I think that they are meant to trimmed:unsure:

Flyingshark

Master member
Wait a second, do the flite test plans need to be cut before they are taped together? I thought that they could be lined up at the dashed marks and taped, with a little blank space on the edges. But I just printed a few pages for reference, and I think that they are meant to trimmed:unsure:
I do trim them. But I only do some sides so it all lines up and there's a little overlap. Not sure if that made sense.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I don't think that's possible. You would need a printer that could print to the full extents of the paper. Even then, your pages wouldn't align perfectly due to the tolerances of the printer and the feeding of the paper. Cutting the edges (as long as you cut them straight) gives you the best chance at alignment, which will never be perfect. But for what we are doing, it's definitely close enough.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I don't think that's possible. You would need a printer that could print to the full extents of the paper. Even then, your pages wouldn't align perfectly due to the tolerances of the printer and the feeding of the paper. Cutting the edges (as long as you cut them straight) gives you the best chance at alignment, which will never be perfect. But for what we are doing, it's definitely close enough.
Thanks, I see now. That makes it a little easier for me then.