Sig Demoiselle: Need Test Flite power package, suggestion, info.

Banty

Can no longer get Sig's suggested power pack, but see Test Flite has power packages but don't know which would be right for a Sig Demoiselle. Maybe someone here has run into this before. Looking for suggestion from someone that has familiarity with this plane.
Thanks.

FDS

Elite member
Screen shot from the Sig website,
449DE8BB-82BF-48D1-BEF1-866D7508FE9C.png

OliverW

Legendary member
Can no longer get Sig's suggested power pack, but see Test Flite has power packages but don't know which would be right for a Sig Demoiselle. Maybe someone here has run into this before. Looking for suggestion from someone that has familiarity with this plane.
Thanks.
I would say use power pack a

Banty

Here's all I could find in reference to the Sig Demoiselle:
Wing span: 44.5 inches
Wing area: 507.7 sq. Inches
Weight w/o battery: 6.5 - 7.5 oz.
Two micro servos.
Power motor: SIGEPU001 @ 6 - 7.2 volts
Prop size: 10 x 4.75
Battery: 7 cell, 350 may

I wouldn't mind a little slight overpower equivalent power pack if not much more power weight.
Thanks

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Cool plane. Like modern
ultra-lights. Now where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, here.

Based on the wing-span, prop size and extreme low weight, looks like about a B pack.

Banty

Cool plane. Like modern
ultra-lights. Now where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, here.

Based on the wing-span, prop size and extreme low weight, looks like about a B pack.

Ha ha ha, yep! I've been torn between the "A" and the "B" power pack. I'm leaning towards the B pack mainly for the bigger 10" prop and a little extra power it has just in case that the A pack with the lower power and it's 6" prop aren't enough thrust, weight. And hope the B pack won't be too much weight. I figure I can always fly the B pack with a lower throttle setting.

There's not a lot of info on the inet on motor substitution. Thanks for the suggestions!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Heck, yeah! DVD ordered. I suspect that movie will both suck and be totally cool at the same time. How could I resist? :p I've already got visions of a new challenge flowing through my brain. Body built of skewers, anyone? :)

"G Rated" family comedy. But it does have some very cool, flying replicas.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Heck, yeah! DVD ordered. I suspect that movie will both suck and be totally cool at the same time. How could I resist? :p I've already got visions of a new challenge flowing through my brain. Body built of skewers, anyone? :)
Its a classic of awful humour and brilliant old planes. The back projection when people are climbing around the planes is woeful but Terry Thomas rather steals the show with his Dick Dasterly style villain scheming!
Most of the planes were replicas and given the time this was made, the flying is pretty much all real by brave stuntmen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_Magnificent_Men_in_their_Flying_Machines

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
if you want to keep it scale, as in swing a big prop, i would not use the a-pack. that motor will never swing a 10 prop. a b-pack will be too heavy.

i use this on most of my 3D foamies and have flown a 10x4.5 w 2S before. i really like it with a 3S and 9x4.5 w/ a 12a esc.

just about perfect for what you need.

looks like a cool project.

me :cool:

Joe Carpino

I started with the B Pack. It is perfect size for a park flyer and flies at scale speeds and you can make about 2/3 of the FT planes out there (wingspans best at 38-46 inches)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Its a classic of awful humour and brilliant old planes. The back projection when people are climbing around the planes is woeful but Terry Thomas rather steals the show with his Dick Dasterly style villain scheming!
Most of the planes were replicas and given the time this was made, the flying is pretty much all real by brave stuntmen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_Magnificent_Men_in_their_Flying_Machines
Here we are again. I ordered the movie. I've watched it now maybe four times! Just wonderfully entertaining! It's got a place in my heart for light hearted, ariel fun! Thank you for the recommendation!