• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Silver foil backed foam board.

True or false, is there such a thing as foil backed foam board other than home insulation at lowe's, which is completely wrong for the job.
If it does exist where can I find it. I think both ft mustangs would look awesome.

jamboree1

True or false, is there such a thing as foil backed foam board other than home insulation at lowe's, which is completely wrong for the job.
If it does exist where can I find it. I think both ft mustangs would look awesome.
There is, it's used as a soundproofing for laminate flooring. However it's all printed out with grid squares for cutting measurements rendering it useless for what you want it for. You can see it yourself at lowes or home depot, look for the wood flooring section, it's there.

I put that stuff on the leading edge of my wing on my HZ super Cub and it did make it slightly nose heavy. I had to adjust for the increased weight. Very durable though.

Headbang

Any foil backing or tape will cause severe issues with radio signal. Better to use paint, but nothing with actual metal in it.

Piotrsko

I believe the Monocote® chrome trim doesnt have metal in it. Made a whole airplane out of it and except for ravens hating it, did not have radio problems