Silver FT spitfire

Hi guys!,

Im from Norway and new to the hobby.
I scratch built this ft Spitfire. Covered in silver film that i got from a label company.
It has not maisen yet, i started flying a month ago so need to practice on 4 ch first.

What do you think of it?
Btw, this was my second build so far. I have only built the simple cub before this. I must say, building the planes have been nothing but fun!
0DE48CC1-AC74-4C7B-B8D5-C4EB3A96E1E9.jpeg
4C42A8B3-7377-43BF-8B35-021B3C3A71E1.jpeg
37CC206A-908A-454A-AADD-683FD53D0987.jpeg
F068AF9A-D343-480E-9E8B-8F3EC033B38E.jpeg

Paracodespoder

Elite member
It looks amazing o_O, just beware, all that silver can mess with your radio signal, be sure to keep your antennas in the right places and it’ll be fine, (just gonna have to wait for someone who knows more than me to tell what the right antenna placement is ;)).

FastCrash45

Elite member
Hi guys!,

I scratch built this ft Spitfire. Covered in silver film that i got from a label company.
It has not maisen yet, i started flying a month ago so need to practice on 4 ch first.

What do you think of it?
Btw, this was my second build so far. I have only built the simple cub before this. I must say, building the planes have been nothing but fun! View attachment 127498 View attachment 127496 View attachment 127499 View attachment 127500
Love this!! What paint did you use to get it to shine. Every silver paint I've used is dull looking.

It looks amazing o_O, just beware, all that silver can mess with your radio signal, be sure to keep your antennas in the right places and it’ll be fine, (just gonna have to wait for someone who knows more than me to tell what the right antenna placement is ;)).
Thank you, and Thanks for the tip. I will check in to that! 😊

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Becaus its covering film (really thing) it won't make much of a difference, because its not actual silver.

Love this!! What paint did you use to get it to shine. Every silver paint I've used is dull looking.
This is a plastic film that they use when making labels for products. I got it from a company that produces labels, so this is what the film looks like before the printing goes on. It is super thin. Light weight and has glue to it, like a label.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Paracodespoder

Elite member
This is a plastic film that they use when making labels for products. I got it from a company that produces labels, so this is what the film looks like before the printing goes on. It is super thin. Light weight and has glue to it, like a label.
Ah! It’s plastic not aluminum, I just figured it was aluminum tape, disregard my first post then :). Just don’t disregard the part about your plane looking amazing 😉.

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm especially impressed by the clean cockpit you made!
Thank you. The canopy is made from lamination for paper. I printer out and cut out the black «frame» from a drawing that a guy here on the forum had made. Cant find the thread anymore. And then put it into the lamination pouch and cut out. Taped on the fusealage. Sorry about the bad english🤪

Dnedzel

Hi guys!,

What do you think of it?
Btw, this was my second build so far. I have only built the simple cub before this. I must say, building the planes have been nothing but fun! View attachment 127498 View attachment 127496 View attachment 127499 View attachment 127500
That’s amazing! Mine is, not that pretty. Beautiful!