Simple 28mm EDF foamboard plan?

Hello

My UMX mig decided recently that turning on safe was apparently not a good idea, and for one reason or another completely rolled over into a negative nose attitude and plummeted, full speed, into concrete.

Needless to say, I have the electronics from said plane laying around, and was curious if there were any plans that utilize a 28mm EDF (using foamboard)
Id hate to have the electronics go to waste, and replacement foam is gonna run me almost $70, so if I could find a simple foamboard design to mock up, it would be great to utilize the electronics :)

You will likely want a Depron design for that, the UMX mig is tiny.
There’s a load of ideas and plans here in FT articles contributed by a community member, some of those might give you a new platform for under $10!

Awesome! Thank you for the direction. I see Depron mentioned a lot, where does one usually pick that up? I am fairly new to the hobby so still learned as I go

FDS

Elite member
It’s an insulation foam, you can buy hobby size sheets from model shops or “fan fold” foam that is used as an underlay material for wood floors. Depron was a trade name for a foam type that is no longer produced by its original manufacturer but similar product is still around in lots of places globally. It’s easier to get some places than foamboard.
In this instance it’s much lighter weight is a bonus, as you have limited thrust and don’t want to be lugging paper around like you would on foamboard.
I never fly over concrete, you are asking for trouble with that, whatever you are flying.

It’s an insulation foam, you can buy hobby size sheets from model shops or “fan fold” foam that is used as an underlay material for wood floors. Depron was a trade name for a foam type that is no longer produced by its original manufacturer but similar product is still around in lots of places globally. It’s easier to get some places than foamboard.
In this instance it’s much lighter weight is a bonus, as you have limited thrust and don’t want to be lugging paper around like you would on foamboard.
I never fly over concrete, you are asking for trouble with that, whatever you are flying.
Oh I usually do not. However, we have a concrete strip that we use as a runway and the plane just so happened to decide that SAFE was not DOABARRELROLL mode out of nowhere precicely above the 10ft wide strip lol