Simple Beaver

USCATX

So I’ve been wanting to build a Simple Cub, but have always loved the DHC-2 Beaver since I grew up in Alaska. It wasn’t too much of a challenge to shoehorn the Beaver onto the Cub, but I had to make it just a tiny bigger than I’d like at 41.5” wingspan. I will try to build it over the weekend and see if the CAD lines up with reality. Not sure if this qualifies as a scratch design, but it’s a start!

Attachments

• DAFBA6DA-A4A6-420E-835F-33534A24DD44.jpeg
    DAFBA6DA-A4A6-420E-835F-33534A24DD44.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7CEC23E7-F42D-404A-8C4C-97AFE01B6C99.jpeg
    7CEC23E7-F42D-404A-8C4C-97AFE01B6C99.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 0

USCATX

I’m thinking about two aluminum cans joined together to make a round cowl like a real beaver. Anybody ever seen this done? Otherwise I might need to use the Commuter nose instead of the Cub nose to make it look right. The tail is also pretty crazy with the fuselage protruding past the elevator. It would also look a lot more scale with a narrower wing chord, but I guess that’s the challenge, right?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I’m thinking about two aluminum cans joined together to make a round cowl like a real beaver. Anybody ever seen this done? Otherwise I might need to use the Commuter nose instead of the Cub nose to make it look right. The tail is also pretty crazy with the fuselage protruding past the elevator. It would also look a lot more scale with a narrower wing chord, but I guess that’s the challenge, right?

You could 3d print a cowl.