Simple build pod and boom gliders

davereap

Ive been making some good flying pod and boom gliders using a foam KFm9 wing.the build logs are here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1401748

depending on the thickness of the foams you have available you can go normal size at 1.7m with a 3mm build, or , if you have some 2mm you can make some very lightweight ones..

All go fine, but for me the lightweights are winning out...
they pick up on the lightest of lift, and have very good penetration despite their low weights..and their wings are not too bouncy in flight..

smaller wings at 1-1.2M are aerobatic bigger are less so but all will take a bit of chucking about

All of these are simple builds.. all pod and boom even the birdy
Pic 3 shows the more normal size and weight model, the other three are lightweights

Attachments

• P6080024.png
    P6080024.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 116
  • P5200030.png
    P5200030.png
    333.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN0612.png
    DSCN0612.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 90
  • P6140014.png
    P6140014.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Member eartsciteach was building a glider similar to the last pic. I like the second one better.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
What timing. I just scored two dozen 32" carbon arrow shafts from e-bay yesterday and I have a large stash of blue fan fold foam, foam board, colored tape. Looks like another project for me.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

Yeah, Andre, I need to finish that! Hardest part is going to be painting it accurately!

Davereap-those look great! Thanks for posting.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Great looking planes. I was just looking at these on RCgroups!
by the way, earthsciteach, how do you pronounce your user name/what does it mean?