Simple Club Flight Time

bisco

Elite member
I built a mini cub took me ages to get the right motor battery setup, had loads of crashes until I got the right combo. Still not an easy plane to get in the air and land, but once its up there its fun. The full size version was better, once I got the teething problems sorted I could at least take off land it.
I use a heavier form of foamboard as I build them all from scratch, so I always have to make adjustments to get the FT models to fly how they should. That's except for: The FT Flyer and Tiny trainers, they fly straight away no problem.
i build from scratch as well, but am fortunate to have access to dtfb. mine flies very well, but i have to cut the aileron throws way down due to my brain still trying to steer with my right hand. had a few takeoff cartwheels because of it :rolleyes:
trying to build a 6mm depron buschtrottel from dtfb was a whole nuther experience :eek:

Wolvreene

i build from scratch as well, but am fortunate to have access to dtfb. mine flies very well, but i have to cut the aileron throws way down due to my brain still trying to steer with my right hand. had a few takeoff cartwheels because of it :rolleyes:
trying to build a 6mm depron buschtrottel from dtfb was a whole nuther experience :eek:
Lucky you . I appreciate you looking in to it please help if you have ideas that could help

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I recently bought another 10 sheets of A1 5mm foamboard. The intention was initially to rebuild the Bushwacker, as my Mk1 had a nasty crash. I also fancied building another basic Spitfire and a Scout, the last Scout I painted in WW1 German colours so wanted a British version for dog fights with my son.
However, I always promised myself an A10 Warthog and want to set it up with twin EDF's so that could be my alternative project. My problem is space for building and storing so option A with the Bushwacker etc is looking the most sensible.
20210130_202041.jpg IMG-20200623-WA0007.jpeg
As you can see my attic was getting a bit congested.
20210430_162401.jpg
That only a fraction of my collection.

Marzipan

Hi everyone I have a problem with my tricopter at can’t get it to take of its flips violently every time I try to flight, I sow slot of video on YouTube I sheqrchzd on goggle but no luck
Kk2.1.5 turnigy plush sunysky motors 1240kv
I tryed changing the board and motors and still the same problem anyone can help please? Thank you

anything to do with trim? motors out of sync so badly it flips out before you can even attempt to correct?

Marzipan

I had dt750 motors I changed them recently to 1250 kv sunny sky.. how do you trim the motors ?
I honestly dont know...it was just a proposition as when you watch reviews for toy quadcopters they almost always drift in some way, so you 'trim' via the transmitter until it stops and just hovers.

I bought a cheapo Eachine E009 and it is so badly off that I don't have enough time to even start to adjust trim before it crashes into something. we live in a small place that's pretty crowded and it's far to breezy outside to do, since we're just off the ocean and when I've called the schools to see if I can use their gym, have been told the district management has suspended all non-school related activities because of COVID. my grandson is very frustrated at the lack of progress, LoL!

anyhow, I digress; a couple more thoughts. slowly bring the speed up so it starts to hover before gong out of control...or perhaps run a lower battery so it doesn't get the juice to go all whacko so quickly?

Wolvreene

I honestly dont know...it was just a proposition as when you watch reviews for toy quadcopters they almost always drift in some way, so you 'trim' via the transmitter until it stops and just hovers.

I bought a cheapo Eachine E009 and it is so badly off that I don't have enough time to even start to adjust trim before it crashes into something. we live in a small place that's pretty crowded and it's far to breezy outside to do, since we're just off the ocean and when I've called the schools to see if I can use their gym, have been told the district management has suspended all non-school related activities because of COVID. my grandson is very frustrated at the lack of progress, LoL!

anyhow, I digress; a couple more thoughts. slowly bring the speed up so it starts to hover before gong out of control...or perhaps run a lower battery so it doesn't get the juice to go all whacko so quickly?
Hey thanks again for your time I’m glad actually someone is replaying to my thread, I’m sorry to hear about your grandson project haha.. notice that the multi rotor flips on its own without any adjustments only throttle. I try to bring un the throttle slowly and some times compensate with controls but the same problem. I’ll upload a video on YouTube for further details ASAP

Marzipan

Hey thanks again for your time I’m glad actually someone is replaying to my thread, I’m sorry to hear about your grandson project haha.. notice that the multi rotor flips on its own without any adjustments only throttle. I try to bring un the throttle slowly and some times compensate with controls but the same problem. I’ll upload a video on YouTube for further details ASAP

maybe you should go all crazy on it...tie a string to each motor mount site, anchor them so when you power up it cannot get enough speed or elevation to lose control and see if that keeps it stable enough to see if trim can help in any way. it may tug / lean in one direction, but due to the short leash, gives you time to check for fixes.

Wolvreene

maybe you should go all crazy on it...tie a string to each motor mount site, anchor them so when you power up it cannot get enough speed or elevation to lose control and see if that keeps it stable enough to see if trim can help in any way. it may tug / lean in one direction, but due to the short leash, gives you time to check for fixes.
Seems like a great way.. but today a discovers it is the first pin o the kk2 board that makes the footer flips.. yesterday plying around it I discovered that when I put motor 3 on first pin the rpm of the 3rd motor increases due the same with the other motors

Marzipan

Seems like a great way.. but today a discovers it is the first pin o the kk2 board that makes the footer flips.. yesterday plying around it I discovered that when I put motor 3 on first pin the rpm of the 3rd motor increases due the same with the other motors

so you've got it all worked out now?

Marzipan

I did with the old kk2 I’m using I got from hobbyking I spoken to their product experts, 2 of them actually but they got no idea

back in 2003 I got 7 of the same 19" AOC CRT monitors with the same flaw. all dif S/N...after the 7th, A0C called me, apologized and upgraded me to a 17" LCD, which had about the same display space as LCD's are measured corner to corner while CRT's are edge to edge. so I know it happens, LoL!

Wolvreene

back in 2003 I got 7 of the same 19" AOC CRT monitors with the same flaw. all dif S/N...after the 7th, A0C called me, apologized and upgraded me to a 17" LCD, which had about the same display space as LCD's are measured corner to corner while CRT's are edge to edge. so I know it happens, LoL!
Yea that’s frustrating lol. Anyway I updated the board to the this weirdest firmware ever aio9 something very complicated lol but I managed to make things happend, unfortunately still the same problem. In a few days I will receive the new esc’s and those will be the last think I replace on this devil tricopter that is draining my pockets haha