Simple Cub maiden

kinch

Howdy from Cedar Park, Texas. Just did the maiden the Simple Cub. It flies better than the Explorer, which is great. I have crashed the Explorer at least 20 times, and I just keep patching it back together. Still on 3 channel. On the Cub, I covered the whole thing with clear or colored packing tape. It is a scratch build out of dollar foam board. A copy of the speed build kit that I am keeping as the master. ...Kinch

Attachments

• 20200114_132543.jpg
    20200114_132543.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Howdy from Cedar Park, Texas. Just did the maiden the Simple Cub. It flies better than the Explorer, which is great. I have crashed the Explorer at least 20 times, and I just keep patching it back together. Still on 3 channel. On the Cub, I covered the whole thing with clear or colored packing tape. It is a scratch build out of dollar foam board. A copy of the speed build kit that I am keeping as the master. ...Kinch
Nice plane! Choice of wheels is interesting though...

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Wait seriously that's what they come with? I've only ever scratchbuilt simple cubs and I usually put much bigger wheels on them (one of mine used Bushwhacker wheels and I liked it quite a lot actually) Weird choice on flitetest's part then...