Simple Cub query

DaveaH

I purchased Power pack B for the Simple Cub but found out that when I put the power pod into the fuselage the propeller stop the pod from being pushed fully into the fuselage. Either the motor shaft is not long enough or the motor body is too short despite it being the official pack b motor.
Any one else had this issue?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I purchased Power pack B for the Simple Cub but found out that when I put the power pod into the fuselage the propeller stop the pod from being pushed fully into the fuselage. Either the motor shaft is not long enough or the motor body is too short despite it being the official pack b motor.
Any one else had this issue?
The firewall of the pod does fit into the nose of the fuse pretty deep compared to a lot of other models. Maybe just trim the nose of the fuse for clearance. Posting some pics will really help though

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I had the same problem. You could use some of those prop spacer things that come with your props depending on how much it rubs. You can just trim the nose for an easier and more permeates fix. Have fun!

Steve Fox

Is the motor n the power pack b really short?

Can you use an after market prop holder to push the prop further out?

have never used ft gear on my cubs so I don't know what the motor is like but I have no clearance issues on the racerstar 2212 and racerstar 2830 motors I use on my cubs with a standard size prop bullet /holder.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

have never used ft gear on my cubs so I don't know what the motor is like but I have no clearance issues on the racerstar 2212 and racerstar 2830 motors I use on my cubs with a standard size prop bullet /holder.
Yea the b pack motor doesn't look like a narrow quad motor, same as any other pack motor, unless he has it set up as an in-runner and not out-runner?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The b-pack motor is just a tad bit short. If extended out 1 cm, it works just fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The nose of that cub has seen better days huh, really getting your moneys worth out of that one lol
Yeah - that was my main bird at Flitefest. It looked a lot better before flying in rain, combat, etc. You might be able to see all the wood supports I had to add to it to keep the fuselage straight😂

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yeah - that was my main bird at Flitefest. It looked a lot better before flying in rain, combat, etc. You might be able to see all the wood supports I had to add to it to keep the fuselage straight😂[/QUOTE/]
Is that the new power pod in there too?

Steve Fox

The nose of that cub has seen better days huh, really getting your moneys worth out of that one lol

Lol, my cubs get flown untill it really isn't worth patching them anymore, I have the veiw that I'm flying fpv and can't see it and as long as it's flying ok I don't care what it looks like :)

Last edited:

DaveaH

It's an Ultra 2812 an only projects 25mm from the firewall at the point the prop fits.

Steve Fox

Ouch, I've just looked up the power packs, they cost how much??!!

I buy everything for a quarter of the price and that's with metal gear servos and not the plastic junk that strips a gear if you a much as look at it in the wrong way lol.

I'm convinced flight test sell plastic gear servos to sell more, 1 metal gear servo will outlast more than 5 plastic ones, they can survive crash after crash!

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I usually buy everything separately since it’s cheaper - especially since the new “radial” motor packs cost quite a bit more.

Steve Fox

Yeah, I'm shocked at how much the power packs cost, I buy everything at a fraction of the price :/

If op continues to have issues with prop clearance I recommend the racerstar 2312 1400 lv, it will have the clearance, perform well, swings a 9x5 prop and is cheap to buy.

This is the motor I use on a almost all of my planes (I also use racerstar 2830 when. I need a 10" prop), they are currently $5.24 but I have bought them for as low as $3.80!

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/G3DmE4HsKb