Simple cub setting up

KABFlyer

Got my electronics in and setup I’m just trying to taxi it but once I get on some power the plane wants to pull left decently hard even tho I have the rudder to the right... maybe the motor might not be perfectly square perhaps? Any ideas?

Attachments

• A44CB8BD-6FE4-4459-AE93-CBA94632BEB4.jpeg
    A44CB8BD-6FE4-4459-AE93-CBA94632BEB4.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • B8C74279-38E1-4DDC-B90B-BD008B743901.jpeg
    B8C74279-38E1-4DDC-B90B-BD008B743901.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Try taxiing with full up elevator and with the rudder set to maximum before you apply motor power. Increase the power to the motor gently or the sudden high speed prop wash drives the tail to one side. You could add side thrust but then once you know how side thrust is not really needed on this bird!

IF you do not hold the tail down it is free to swing and without forward airspeed the rudder is not quite enough to hold it against the "P" factor.

On mine I use a SF prop and the "P" factor is significantly reduced though I still need to have a fair bit of speed before lift off or it wants to jump into the air and then roll left and dive.

Have fun!

KABFlyer

Try taxiing with full up elevator and with the rudder set to maximum before you apply motor power. Increase the power to the motor gently or the sudden high speed prop wash drives the tail to one side. You could add side thrust but then once you know how side thrust is not really needed on this bird!

IF you do not hold the tail down it is free to swing and without forward airspeed the rudder is not quite enough to hold it against the "P" factor.

On mine I use a SF prop and the "P" factor is significantly reduced though I still need to have a fair bit of speed before lift off or it wants to jump into the air and then roll left and dive.

Have fun!
Ok ya I may be going to quick on the power before I get some forward speed I’ll give that a try

KABFlyer

Have fun!
Took it out where I had more room, was a bit too windy but I got it up about 10ft then brought it back down.. gonna see if I can try again early tomorrow morning when it’s calmer

Bricks

Master member
Since there is no tail wheel you may have to blip the throttle to get it to turn, even taking off there are times the throttle may need a quick nudge up then back down to keep it straight before building enough speed to have enough air coming across it to be effective..

KABFlyer

Took it out a lot more calm out and it’s still wanting To “rudder” left pretty good but I got it up and it “banked” left even tho I got it trimmed over to the right i Had to cut power right away and ended up breaking 2 props in messing with it all but I guess it’s all in getting it dialed in I started so the controls looked smooth... any ideas? Don’t know anyone around to help me maiden it good