Help! Simple Cub Wheels

whackflyer

Master member
I've got the Dubro inflatables for my 2000mm Beaver, almost a mandatory upgrade IMHO if you're planning on flying such a big plane at an unprepared field. I've got even bigger ones to put on it now! As long as you can keep the weight reasonable, I don't think a guy can have a wheel too big... but I'm a bush plane kind of guy!
Pics! I'm a bush plane fanatic! I have the FMS 1700mm Super Cub myself.

whackflyer

Master member
Dont have a good pic with me, but I have a little video...

I've got some even bigger wheels to try out on it now! 😁
Yes it needs bigger wheels 🤣. We live out in the country and primarily farm corn and soybeans and also have some white fluffy things. Our yard has some fun places to land so my Cub is one of my go to planes. Pretty much all I do is fly short patterns and land. This evening I was landing the Cub in my backyard which is probably 30-40 yds long, has high line wires and 10 ft tall bushes on approach, and a tree and split rail fence on the other end, not to mention a swing set if you stray too far left and thick 3" tall grass. I think it's probably good I don't fly a real super cub 🤣

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yes it needs bigger wheels 🤣. We live out in the country and primarily farm corn and soybeans and also have some white fluffy things. Our yard has some fun places to land so my Cub is one of my go to planes. Pretty much all I do is fly short patterns and land. This evening I was landing the Cub in my backyard which is probably 30-40 yds long, has high line wires and 10 ft tall bushes on approach, and a tree and split rail fence on the other end, not to mention a swing set if you stray too far left and thick 3" tall grass. I think it's probably good I don't fly a real super cub 🤣
Oh, I want one of those super cubs so bad!

whackflyer

Master member
Oh, I want one of those super cubs so bad!
If you wanted to tie your Rimfire up for a while, you could get a Tundra V2 ARF for 125$ shipped. (The PNP is only 180) I still have electrics from my old tundra so I'm thinking about getting one. They fly so awesome! I love my Cub but it's big enough I can't get into small spaces as well as a Tundra. Trust me, a Tundra is worth it! Flies on a common 2200 3s instead of a 3300 4s like my Cub.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If you wanted to tie your Rimfire up for a while, you could get a Tundra V2 ARF for 125$ shipped. (The PNP is only 180) I still have electrics from my old tundra so I'm thinking about getting one. They fly so awesome! I love my Cub but it's big enough I can't get into small spaces as well as a Tundra. Trust me, a Tundra is worth it! Flies on a common 2200 3s instead of a 3300 4s like my Cub.
Hmm, I will consider that! Might as well go for the PNP as it’ll come with the servos and esc as well. I’m excited that they have them in the US warehouse again! I honestly like the gold and purple scheme the best I think - it just looks majestic IMHO.

whackflyer

Master member
Hmm, I will consider that! Might as well go for the PNP as it’ll come with the servos and esc as well. I’m excited that they have them in the US warehouse again! I honestly like the gold and purple scheme the best I think - it just looks majestic IMHO.
Definitely get one! They fly awesome!