Simple Cub... With a TWIST

Steve Fox

@Steve Fox You already know my views on your posts about your "Achievements" but here is an achievement you are apparently not aware of!

It is considered as ill-mannered to hijack someone else's thread. I invite you to start your own thread and allow the OP, (Original Poster), to continue on with the purpose he raised this thread for! Posting on someone else's thread is normally on point with the OP unless there is an open thread. A series of posts, off topic, in rapid succession normally warranting their own post, (a different topic), can be seen as hijacking the thread!! Raising your own thread costs nothing!

I look forward to your posts on your own thread!

Thank you for your understanding!

Have fun!
The majority of my posts are cub related, which is ON topic.
the op has moved on and is now on a storch build.

I invite anyone who wants to talk about anything at all to come over to my thread on rc groups, you can use it as a general chat and being off topic is not a problem, I won't cry about it and nether will anyone else :)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...ch-for-fatshark-module-box-goggle-mod/page109

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The majority of my posts are cub related, which is ON topic.
the op has moved on and is now on a storch build.

I invite anyone who wants to talk about anything at all to come over to my thread on rc groups, you can use it as a general chat and being off topic is not a problem, I won't cry about it and nether will anyone else :)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...ch-for-fatshark-module-box-goggle-mod/page109
The thread was a build thread for a modified Simple Cub by a new member who is currently also posting about HIS Storch build, and his Simple Scout build, as he was once posting about HIS Simple Cub until the thread was hijacked by someone!

If you doubt that he was/is offended then I request that you read post 41 on the following thread https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-ft-simple-scout-build.59787/page-3

If still in doubt there is another reference on https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/life-of-the-simple-scout.59993/page-3#post-496039 Post number 44.

No one here is crying but it would be nice to treat others with respect! That you seem reticent to start your own post for your own achievements, or even acknowledge that you MAY have accidentally hijacked someone else's thread, puzzles me but then it is your choice and your problem! As for RC Groups I am a member but rarely post there as I find it is too full of FIGJAMs and Trolls. Each to his own I suppose!

Have fun!

Last edited:

Steve Fox

The thread was a build thread for a modified Simple Cub by a new member who is currently also posting about HIS Storch build, and his Simple Scout build, as he was once posting about HIS Simple Cub until the thread was hijacked by someone!

If you doubt that he was/is offended then I request that you read post 41 on the following thread https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-ft-simple-scout-build.59787/page-3

No one here is crying but it would be nice to treat others with respect! That you seem reticent to start your own post for your own achievements, or even acknowledge that you MAY have accidentally hijacked someone else's thread, puzzles me but then it is your choice and your problem! As for RC Groups I am a member but rarely post there as I find it is too full of FIGJAMs and Trolls. Each to his own I suppose!

Have fun!
Actually rcroups is not a troll Base, it's got a very laid back and friendly atmosphere and not full of jobsworths and people don't moan about every stupid little thing.

I've seen some really sad things on here, once a bloke said he couldn't afford to buy a particular item and another ft forum user tore into him and said "i can't afford it does not wash with me, your not in a third world country and your not starving, you can afford it"

Real community spirit there eh?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Actually rcroups is not a troll Base, it's got a very laid back and friendly atmosphere and not full of jobsworths and people don't moan about every stupid little thing.

I've seen some really sad things on here, once a bloke said he couldn't afford to buy a particular item and another ft forum user tore into him and said "i can't afford it does not wash with me, your not in a third world country and your not starving, you can afford it"

Real community spirit there eh?
What the personal conversation between two users or even their personal clashes has to do with Hijacking a thread mystifies me! Why you cannot just accept that the thread was hijacked and start your own thread also mystifies me! As for friendly attitude all I mentioned that it is discourteous to hijack someone else's thread and to invite you to start your own. Many others have done so in the past and when they realize they are all only too happy to raise their own threads without a single issue, I was one of them though I didn't complain so badly when it was pointed out to me!

That you take an individuals problematic outburst and use it as a standard to assess the entire community with is sad but then by the same measure does your attitude reflect that of ALL RC Groups members? (I think not! You attitude is a reflection upon yourself only).

I will again request that you consider starting your own thread for your achievements rather than hijack the threads of others!

Have fun!

Steve Fox

What the personal conversation between two users or even their personal clashes has to do with Hijacking a thread mystifies me! Why you cannot just accept that the thread was hijacked and start your own thread also mystifies me! As for friendly attitude all I mentioned that it is discourteous to hijack someone else's thread and to invite you to start your own. Many others have done so in the past and when they realize they are all only too happy to raise their own threads without a single issue, I was one of them though I didn't complain so badly when it was pointed out to me!

That you take an individuals problematic outburst and use it as a standard to assess the entire community with is sad but then by the same measure does your attitude reflect that of ALL RC Groups members? (I think not! You attitude is a reflection upon yourself only).

I will again request that you consider starting your own thread for your achievements rather than hijack the threads of others!

Have fun!
Oh don't get me wrong, I've come across some real moody people on rc groups, you get them everywhere but I've come across way more uptight people on here who are obsessed with everything being done a certain way.

Op can complain that he thinks his thread has been hijacked, people came here to talk about cubs and in normal conversation, different subjects do come up and get discussed, nobody has deliberately tried to destroy this thread.

Additionally, he walked away from it and had not posted since he crashed his cub and tried to blame others for the damage it sustained, something I thought was a tad childish.

Like I said before, if people want to come over to my thread on rc groups you are welcome, it's a free for all and people can talk about anything they want there, it's been off topic for the last 100 pages lol.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oh don't get me wrong, I've come across some real moody people on rc groups, you get them everywhere but I've come across way more uptight people on here who are obsessed with everything being done a certain way.

Op can complain that he thinks his thread has been hijacked, people came here to talk about cubs and in normal conversation, different subjects do come up and get discussed, nobody has deliberately tried to destroy this thread.

Additionally, he walked away from it and had not posted since he crashed his cub and tried to blame others for the damage it sustained, something I thought was a tad childish.

Like I said before, if people want to come over to my thread on rc groups you are welcome, it's a free for all and people can talk about anything they want there, it's been off topic for the last 100 pages lol.

I know a little of the OPs situation though I do not claim to know him personally or his situation intimately. If his reaction to crashing his cub is a period of withdrawal from posting on the thread so be it. Regardless of whether he abandoned the thread or just was pausing in his posts, It would be nice and courteous for all concerned if you would raise your own thread for your achievements!

Obviously the OP feels that his thread was hijacked! If you start your own thread then you could abandon this thread and post under your own heading/banner for as long as you wish! If the OP chooses to continue his thread or not is entirely his choice!

As for your invitation for others to visit RC groups many on this site already do and many have had less than pleasant experiences on that site. Here we try to keep a family friendly atmosphere especially for the younger members. Therefore manners and etiquette are valued and appreciated.

Have fun!

Steve Fox

I know a little of the OPs situation though I do not claim to know him personally or his situation intimately. If his reaction to crashing his cub is a period of withdrawal from posting on the thread so be it. Regardless of whether he abandoned the thread or just was pausing in his posts, It would be nice and courteous for all concerned if you would raise your own thread for your achievements!

Obviously the OP feels that his thread was hijacked! If you start your own thread then you could abandon this thread and post under your own heading/banner for as long as you wish! If the OP chooses to continue his thread or not is entirely his choice!

As for your invitation for others to visit RC groups many on this site already do and many have had less than pleasant experiences on that site. Here we try to keep a family friendly atmosphere especially for the younger members. Therefore manners and etiquette are valued and appreciated.

Have fun!

My point was that if someone throws there toys out the pram and rage quits the thread, it can't be seen as hijacking if others continue to chat on it.

If an OP abandons a thread, you can't expect everyone to automatically just cease posting in it, that's ridiculous, by that logic all other threads on here were the OP is no longer active everyone should stop posting too it!

Myself and others have posted here asking how the repairs are going and he's not responded to anyone, he walked away from this thread.

I didn't say anything at the time when he tried blaming others and myself in particular for the damage HE caused to the nose of his own plane because of a faulty rudder HE made.
He tried cried about the level of damage to the nose which he decided was the fault of others

I bit my tounge as it was not worth reacting to it but I felt it was relevant to point out to you that he walked away from this thread out of tantrum and not because it was hijacked.

know it's family friendly here and my language here is very different to the way I talk on rc groups were it's acceptable to use stronger language and talk about more adult things.

I very may well start a new thread later, I don't care for this thread in particular and have only been chatting about cub and other rc based things, it makes no difference to me where it's done other than people won't winge and wine.

I will make it very clear in my thread that going off topic IS allowed, people drift to different subjects in conversation, it's normal and it's human, it's jobsworth to cry about it.

PoorManRC

Master member
Wow.... I guess I should have checked in here.
I'm glad he was banned! NOT for my sake, I'm a 55 year old Man, who has dealt with much more than this snotty little turd.

He has offended others, and proudly posts about highly ILLEGAL practices in his half mile high flying! 😖 That could hurt all of us with even more restrictive regulations.

When Tubby Cubby crashed and burned, I was very upset. I vented too much.... But if ANYTHING I said sounded like I was blaming ANYONE BUT MYSELF - I am truly sorry!

I made some real rookie mistakes. The only one I'll stand by is: I had calculated enough power for all the added weight. 😜
Everything else was my haste to get it up - and prove a point that I wasn't just another idiot N00b!

Which is exactly what I ended up looking like.

This was a valuable lesson. I have a mission with this Hobby. SAVE my very limited resources and try to build something that won't be junk by the third crash...
THIS ONE only made it barely 50 feet.

Due to no money and limited mobility, it WILL take me longer to build these. Much longer than most of you... Please have patience with me.

Again, if it appeared that I was blaming anyone else but myself, I sincerely apologize for that.

Now let's make flying things!! 😊