Simple model for a 2208 motor

stereodreieck86

Hello guys,

I am looking for plans for a very simple plane with this small motor from Hobbyking.

I am in the hobby for 7years, usually flying planes like the Bix3, 2-3metre glider but planes under let's say 1metre wingspan and 400-500grams are totally new to me.

I would like to use several layers of logologic foam (2,2mm), denser foam for the leading edge and glassfibrestripes for strengthening.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/floater-...2208-2150.html
I have 7x5Prop, 20amp ESC and a 3S1000mah battery sitting on the shelf.

Attachments

• 18198.jpg
    18198.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I would go with a enlarged mini scout. @K3V0 made one with an enlarged wing which would be needed as you’re going to be adding a bit of weight. Maybe print the plans at 125% and then lengthen the wing 6 inches on either side.

OliverW

Legendary member
Hello guys,

I am looking for plans for a very simple plane with this small motor from Hobbyking.

I am in the hobby for 7years, usually flying planes like the Bix3, 2-3metre glider but planes under let's say 1metre wingspan and 400-500grams are totally new to me.

I would like to use several layers of logologic foam (2,2mm), denser foam for the leading edge and glassfibrestripes for strengthening.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/floater-...2208-2150.html
I have 7x5Prop, 20amp ESC and a 3S1000mah battery sitting on the shelf.
An old speedster or old fogey should work

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
KFm wings are awesome, light, easy to build and really efficient in flight. You could design your own. Did you want to make it a tractor or a pusher?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Tractor with a folding prop.
So you still want to do some gliding with it? They are perfect for gliding, and the motor, depending on the size of the wing, should get you up to altitude nice. Keep it around a meter and 400-500g's and you will have a fun little unit.

Have you done any research into the KFm wings?

stereodreieck86

So you still want to do some gliding with it? They are perfect for gliding, and the motor, depending on the size of the wing, should get you up to altitude nice. Keep it around a meter and 400-500g's and you will have a fun little unit.

Have you done any research into the KFm wings?
Some research! I know every paper, study etc that ever came out about the KFM.

I am thinking about inserting some ledstripes into the wing and fuselage.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Sweet, sounds like you are well on your way then, actually surprised you haven't built it already. Do you have a design drawn out?