Simple Scout / Eindecker theme

sky guy

Took it out for its maiden yesterday. Unfortunatly no quality video was collected. What an amazing airplane! No trim required at all on first flight. Had to turn the aileron rates down to 70% with 30% expo to make it fun at slower speeds low to the ground. Very precise flyer. Does exactly what you ask it to with no surprises. Cowling is vaccum formed .010 thickness styrene and tagboard. Had to move the cockpit forward to get a more Eindeckery look.
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2655.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2655.JPG
    IMG_2655.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Homey

Elite member
Took it out for its maiden yesterday. Unfortunatly no quality video was collected. What an amazing airplane! No trim required at all on first flight. Had to turn the aileron rates down to 70% with 30% expo to make it fun at slower speeds low to the ground. Very precise flyer. Does exactly what you ask it to with no surprises. Cowling is vaccum formed .010 thickness styrene and tagboard. Had to move the cockpit forward to get a more Eindeckery look.
View attachment 147709 View attachment 147710 View attachment 147711 View attachment 147712
Full marks. That cowling is beautiful!

Peter

sky guy

Did you drop those bombs on the last pic?
It has a single bomb drop on the gear channel under the belly. The bombs came with the speed build kit and I designed my own release based on the typical rubberband and servo pulling a pin.

PoorManRC

Master member
That's one of the BEST incarnations of the FT Simple Scout I've ever seen!! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

Any thoughts on adding the Wing Riggings that were very prominent on the Eindecker?
It's stunning anyway! Just wondering...

sky guy

That's one of the BEST incarnations of the FT Simple Scout I've ever seen!! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

Any thoughts on adding the Wing Riggings that were very prominent on the Eindecker?

Thanks. I'm glad folks are enjoying it. No, I'm done and ready to enjoy flying it. I think I would build a balsa plane if I wanted to go for real scale looks or at least cut a different shapped foam fuselage and tail. The Eindecker had a circular shaped rudder as well, but I just wanted to add enough design language to suggest an Eindecker without completely reworking the Simple Scout design.

Last edited: