Simple Scout

moke

building my first, the Simple Scout. I have stuck with BNF up to this point but saw so many of the guys I'm flying with building and flying these so thought I'd try it. Very impressed with the quality and support for these kits. And found a whole new part to the sport.

Ran into a few challenges learning how to build but turned out pretty nice. And first flight was amazing.
scout.jpg

Figure9

Elite member
building my first, the Simple Scout. I have stuck with BNF up to this point but saw so many of the guys I'm flying with building and flying these so thought I'd try it. Very impressed with the quality and support for these kits. And found a whole new part to the sport.

Ran into a few challenges learning how to build but turned out pretty nice. And first flight was amazing. View attachment 162460

Wow, very nice. Looks like you have experience doing this hobby & I like your attention to detail. I’m wondering why you used a sail plane folding prop?
Welcome to the forums & well done on the maiden.

moke

really just been at this about half a year. thnx for feedback. On the prop...., that, the motor etc. I took off an E flite Conscendo glider that I crashed trying to learn aerobatics with it! Everything seems to work quite well with this model. Also thought the spinner looked pretty good on it.

Figure9

Elite member
Well @moke Spinner looks good. I just got into this in December & the process was about the same for me as what you describe. Is that Scout built from a kit or from DTFB from plans?

moke

I built this from kit. not sure I have skill nor patience to scratch build...or to do balsa. Trying to figure out my next one.