Simple Staggerwing

Simple Staggerwing Simple Staggerwing V2.2

Please log in to download

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Mr NCT submitted a new resource:

Simple Staggerwing - Beech Staggerwing in the Simple Style

The classic Beechcraft Staggerwing done in the FT 'Simple' style. Box fuselage, tab and slot assembly, upper and lower wings identical except for flap control horn and strut slots. A very easy, straightforward build. Removeable wings, power pod will slide out without removing cowl. It's a gentle and predictable flier.
The plans are laid out for least seams on parts.

Length: 31"
WS: 36"
All up Weight with landing gear, flaps & paint: 858g
COG 0.25" behind leading edge of upper wing...

Read more about this resource...

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Mr NCT updated Simple Staggerwing with a new update entry:

Maidened V2.1

Alright! V2.1 built & maidened. Found out two things - first it needs down and right thrust adjustment, second my low rates were too low. Other than that a very gentle flier. The landing was full flaps and motor off. I ran half throttle for 5 minutes and had 74% battery left.

Specs:

Wing Span 36"

Length 31"

AUW 785 grams (without paint or landing gear)

Motor 2218 1180kva

Prop 10 x 4.5

Battery 2300 3s

Sorry for a dull small speck flying in circles video. The launch is exciting and the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Here's #3. Bright enough? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

52346278413_f583ed54be_k.jpg

tomlogan1

Just downloaded the plans. Thanks for the 3d printed parts. Are the struts functional or just for show? Great either way. Just got a case of dollar tree foamboard so this one is definitely on the list.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Just downloaded the plans. Thanks for the 3d printed parts. Are the struts functional or just for show? Great either way. Just got a case of dollar tree foamboard so this one is definitely on the list.
Struts are mostly for show though they do add rigidity on less than gentle landings. I used 3mm skewers to pin them inside the wing so they're easily removable. Haven't tried the radial.

52406370894_2e20a06325_c.jpg

tomlogan1

I printed the cowl and it seems much larger in person than in the photos. Diameter is approximately 3.5 inches or 89 mm. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I printed the cowl and it seems much larger in person than in the photos. Diameter is approximately 3.5 inches or 89 mm. Is this correct?

Thanks.
Just measured mine and it's OD is 3.875", 98.5mm. It should be a friction fit on the front of the fuselage.

FishbonesAir

What if you wanted to make a smaller version, using an 1806 motor? How much would you shrink it?

I'm pondering projects using as many materials that I have on hand due to budget constraints.