Simple Stick

Simple Stick V1.4

Please log in to download

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The Hangar submitted a new resource:

Simple Stick - A simple 8 piece build that flies amazing!

The Simple Stick flies great at any speed - with a Power Pack B it's slow enough to fly in very small spaces but with a C pack it really cruises nicely! It glides really well and has very gentle stalls. The wingspan is around 1 meter - 970mm above the spar. For a full flight review check out my write up on this thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-builders-thread-and-plans.62186/#post-548976
View attachment 161778

Read more about this resource...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
When you open the plans up in the program and click print, a page like this should show up and then you can select "poster"
1584737774812.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@Cow the Flyer if you haven't figured it out yet this post that @Grifflyer made should be able to help:
All my plans are done in full size sheets, you can still print them with a regular household printer if you use Adobe Reader. All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version.

MacandRita

Hi hangar,
Just wondering if there is any construction instructions for the stick. I would like to make one but haven't built enough for it to be intuitive yet. Things like do I glue the two wing halves together before folding over and gluing. Also looking for construction sequence. If it is already available just point me in the right direction.
Thanks

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi hangar,
Just wondering if there is any construction instructions for the stick. I would like to make one but haven't built enough for it to be intuitive yet. Things like do I glue the two wing halves together before folding over and gluing. Also looking for construction sequence. If it is already available just point me in the right direction.
Thanks
I am going to be building one within the next week or two that I’ll be taking pictures of and making a build log, but there isn’t one available yet - I’m sorry. As far as the wing goes, it’s almost identical to the ft scout wing so if you watched the scout build video you could follow along on that. I’ll try to have a build log with construction photos up next week or the week after, depending on my schedule.

keepitup

What did you'r wingspan end up at? I think I might have built her too big. Is 42" too big? If so, I think a 2200 3s will work?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Is it possible to do 3D with this plane?
With the C pack it’s pretty aerobatic. I was able to do basic 3D maneuvers like loops, rolls, inverted, hovering, and some cool looking things that I don’t know the name of. I wasn’t able to pull off flat spins or crankshafts though. @SquirrelTail was doing rolling harriers with his.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Does it make sense that the fuselage is exactly the length of a sheet of foamboard?
Also do you recommend putting the servos where it shows on the plans?
Yes, the fuselage is exactly the length of a sheet of foam board. I have them the servos there on mine to get it to balance with the smaller batteries I use (1500 and 1000 mah 3s) but if you’re using a larger battery like a 2200 3s then it would be better to move the servos back a bit to eliminate pushrod flex.