• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Simulator Flying

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Josh Scott gets to fly! Well... virtually. In this segment Josh Bixler walks J.S. through the basics of a simple flying pattern on the simulation software.

MudMan

Sooo what simulator were you guys using/recommend?
I managed to get FMS working with my urgle 9x but am i really simulating or just playing?
what would be the best trainer plane to use in a simulator?
Ima fulla questions :D
Thanks for your time!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Sooo what simulator were you guys using/recommend?
I managed to get FMS working with my urgle 9x but am i really simulating or just playing?
what would be the best trainer plane to use in a simulator?
Ima fulla questions :D
Thanks for your time!
Aren't we playing when we are out flying? Even the simplest simulator - FMS - is good to get your orientation issues straight. It really does help.

You can use whatever plane you want in the simulator. Learn to fly and land them all!

what's a good simulator that has a good variety of planes from tricopter/drones to heli and fixed/ delta wings. but also im on a mac and already have a transmitter.

Jugsy

I use Phoenix, I've heard Realflight has some cooler features but I like what I'm used to and the user/community generated content is amazing!

Also worth checking out if the quads are your thing, Immersion have a simulator out on steam: liftoff-game.com

I am getting a DXe radio from horizon hobby is it a good radio that is good for scratch builds, simulators, SAFE+ equipment, long range, etc...?