Single Fan Thrust Vectoring VTOL Project - MonoPhan

VAALLEON

Last two test flights for fine tuning. I re-designed the rear stabilizers in the first and additionally re-tuned the wings in the second flight. Both improvements made a huge difference in the quality of the flight. I think I am pretty close to installing the camera. One last thing that I want to test on this is the negative attack angles. The previous units are not capable of handling that. But this unit has a special wing geometry which may be capable. Hope I don't crash it:)

VAALLEON

Took this video to see how the active wings work during a flight. Windy day and the gyro compensation is pretty cool.

VAALLEON

Today is windy, perfect for a test. I was getting awesome horizontal performance and smooth transitions, but the vertical flight performance didn't impress me in the first test. So, did some further tuning and did this short test. As long as I don't get the wind from the back vertical flight is satisfactory as it is. Ready for FPV.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thats very respectable video for the FPV part. Some jello but not unflyable at all. I have seen "tuned" quads way worse hehe

VAALLEON

Thats very respectable video for the FPV part. Some jello but not unflyable at all. I have seen "tuned" quads way worse hehe

Thanks bro! Yes, not bad. Not a quality camera but super light and enough for me to practice. The unit seems to be pretty reliable.

I also started designing the sub 250g unit. The idea grew on me. It will be an awesome machine.

I am also working on converting the old monoprop that I have to autonomous with ardupilot. If I can pull it off I will try to flash a tiny cc3d revo with ardupilot firmware (done before by some other people but nit sure if I can pull it off) and install it on the sub 250g unit.