Singular location for free DIY plans?

Brianna81

Ok, so maybe I'm wrong on this, but I've been watching the flite test videos for a long time now, and I always hear how they have dozens of free plans available. Yet, when trying to search for these plans, it seems there isn't any particular place where they are located. And it looks like everybody has their own favorite link of how to download the plans. Am I missing something somewhere in trying to locate the list of planes available to get the free plans for? I thought maybe after not finding a central location for plans here, that maybe they were with the planes in the flite test store. So I went there, and couldn't find any links on the individual plane pages either. So do you just have to go to the flite test store, find the plane you want to build from there, and then come here and ask for the plans and hope somebody has them to provide you the link to?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The total number of different RC model aircraft plans is so vast that no one location will ever list them all.

Best list is SP0NZ plans list. see; https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/sp0nz-plans-index.17136/

If searching for a non-FT rendering is like looking for a needle in a haystack so I started a plans location thread. See; https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/where-can-i-find-the-plans-for.36632/

It is not complete by any means as it relies upon forum user information. If you care to add to the list please do but there is a good collection in the links provided.

I hope that helps!

Have fun!

Brianna81

That definitely helps, thanks :). I'd just watched so many flite test videos where Josh and the gang talk about "All of these planes have free plans available". Having just been a video watcher and never really going to the store or forums until recently, I think I just had this idea in my head of seeing a list of all the planes from the videos :D. Like reading a book and then watching the movie they made from it. It never matches what you had in your own mind lol

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
That definitely helps, thanks :). I'd just watched so many flite test videos where Josh and the gang talk about "All of these planes have free plans available". Having just been a video watcher and never really going to the store or forums until recently, I think I just had this idea in my head of seeing a list of all the planes from the videos :D. Like reading a book and then watching the movie they made from it. It never matches what you had in your own mind lol
FT is a business and the plans are offered free out of the goodness of their heart and the current business model. As a business all of the planes currently available are listed in the single location, (the store), but individual plans are attached to each plans build article.

The lists are raised and supported by forum members just like you because they have also had problems in the past!

Welcome to the forum and if building from the free plans a million issues can arise so do a search on your chosen model and learn how it is built and also the issues other forum users encountered and the way the issues were solved.

If you have any issue just raise a thread to discuss it and hopefully have it resolved ASAP.

Have fun!