Skimmer another flight ..getting there!

daxian

Elite member
third run out with the Skimmer, built from beta plans converted from a balsa kit!
flys quite well, needed a few tweaks to get this far ...more needed, getting there slowly !!

daxian

Elite member
working on version two of the skimmer ...a few mods to the fuselage to strengthen the front end and a change to the tail...
shorter wingspan for the wing with ailerons ...

Attachments

• skimmer v2.JPG
    skimmer v2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Thank you. Will look into building one, got plenty of overweight foamboard in stock!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Omg your built her. I started building mine then had to move and starting over. It need a stronger spar? She seems to fly similar to the original from what I can tell but I flew mine about 20 years ago.

daxian

Elite member
hi Brian ...yes i built her ...needed a few adjustments to get her flying nice ...mostly due to the heavier foamboard in the uk !
spar has not been much of a problem so far ,but i did a dihedral brace of three ply 1/16" and it has held up well !
not had her out for a while due to the uk weather (rain ,rain and more rain)
v2 is waiting for her maiden ...added ailerons to a slightly shorter wing and made some adustment to the tail configuration i am sure summer might make an appearance some time this year lol...fingers crossed !!!
do give her a go Brian ,its nice seeing some older models in the sky...