skimmer maiden done

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Glad to see her fly.. here is me with the balsa version in 1997 after a week of building from kit. Crashed her first flight hit rudder trim on hand launch. Went around me in a 60 degree bank like 4 times befor catching a wing tip. Battery blew through the fuse, tail broke off. Rebuilt her that night then flew at funfly next day. First few flights I put her down in the field. Once I got the hang of her she flew great until I hit a catch fence a few years later and broke the spar. One thing to keep in mind it was a designed with a heavy 400 speed motor and nicad. So depending on the weight her characteristics may be a tad Could be to light causing the osolation dono. If you get a folding prop and get her high she glides nicely.

Attachments

• 327AC8C1-2B2F-47EC-AC40-4CF2BB5F07BB.jpeg
    327AC8C1-2B2F-47EC-AC40-4CF2BB5F07BB.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

daxian

Elite member
hi Brian....she is flying nicely now, made a few adjustments to the cg and the motor downthrust and she took to the air fine ...glides forever lol ...

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
hi Brian....she is flying nicely now, made a few adjustments to the cg and the motor downthrust and she took to the air fine ...glides forever lol ...
How much did you have to adjust the down thrust from the plans? Original cg on balsa one was just behind the spar. That’s exciting to hear she’s living again.