Skis or Floats?

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I love floats on my hobbyzone super cub. They are the best in snow too. They are a little heavy but they're by far the best in snow.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The Rescue

Sometimes things go wrong. In this case I landed right into the only bit of brush sticking out of the pond. Had to send a rescue

Klonas

That's a funny clip.
I should always remember to have a weird floating RC thingy to save my plane :D

Fatfish

So many times I have been floating a beautiful creek with fly rod in hand, a trout rises, I go to cast only to catch a tree, rock, or myself. There is always a damned duck laughing its oily butt off. Arrogant birds.

LOL, i know exactly what you're talking about. You already are in a mess with the fishing line, the fly, the environment or somewhat and always is there animal which could be thought of laughing at you. Birds, cows and so on. But Hey! When the line is tight, the wheater is fine and the air is chill - it's all worth it. Fly fishing and flying - what better could be there. Tight lines!

FTA_FTW

Here's a couple snow flights with my Eflite Pulse on floats - SOO fun!!

Last edited:

John Campbell

Whoa that is awesome! I guess you could just strip off the heatshrink as well, since everything is insulated by the CorrosionX.

You could but the heatshrink often also has the effect of keeping cables in a bundle so the cables don´t get messy.

I like using Heat Shrink as well, but many times where the wires comes together is not enough to keep the water out... I usually use a (very) small amount of Silcon RTV (Electrical Grade) to seal the ends where the wires go in and out.

John Campbell

I love floats on my hobbyzone super cub. They are the best in snow too. They are a little heavy but they're by far the best in snow.

Job well done... I was wondering if you were going to run out of water during some of those landings and takeoff's. Enjoyed the video.

John Campbell

For flying on snow, I prefer my TwinStar (multiplex) with outrunner 400 motors. Take off and land on snow and works great. Just getting in the the water and hope to have something soon. Looking at the ICON A5 from Parkzone or HK. Havn't decided yet.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Job well done... I was wondering if you were going to run out of water during some of those landings and takeoff's. Enjoyed the video.

LMAO, I actually did run up on the grass on the little pond a couple times trying to take off. I never crashed it that day, but it sure was close. The most amazing thing about converting it to brushless was the take off on floats. It literally takes off of water in under 5 feet now.

FTA_FTW

Here is how it looks:

Attachments

• TC-Ski.jpg
    TC-Ski.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 53