No one yet?
110113-01.JPG

110102-03.JPG

090601-17.JPG

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Have I ever mentioned how good I am at crashing? (The crashing is towards the end...)

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
I think this winter I'm using my Floats on the Snow bc I had a sinking problem with skis, I found skis only really worked on ICE. Floats are good in almost everything else.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Monkey,
What was that barking/chirping noise? Aren't alligators a concern down there?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This lake is in the center of town. When an alligator does show up, it's rather promptly relocated. The barking/chirping is the muscovy ducks.

Logan

@pgerts - That transmitter in a bag thing is pretty funny. Is that actually what the bag is intended for? I have never seen one of those before, probably because where I live it never gets below 70.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
You can find the bag at HobbyKing. I had to use it last weekend. The sun helps keeping the fingers comfortable for long flights. When flying slope (glider) at the baltic coast, the wind chills although it might be 15 C (60 F) temperature. You can also find insulated TX bags, but not at HobbyKing.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Pretty tough lad therer going into the water, even though there might be alligators!

Is the motor or the ESC broken after this? Doesn´t sound really nice doesn´t it.

I only ever heard that, when I let a brushless motor run up but only 2 of the 3 cables are connected.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
In my plane, yes, the ESC shorted out. It wouldn't have, had I not tried powering it up. If I had just called it a day, and let my electronics dry out properly it would have been fine. I just couldn't help myself.

I'm not that tough, I just knew I wasn't likely to encounter anything worse than some wet shorts. :D

CHELLIE

Dont you just hate it when that happens :) on another forum, they are using corrosion x and soaking the esc in a jar , for a couple of days so it gets into everthing and seals the electronics, that seems to be working well, you cant just spray the corrosion x on the esc, it has to soak in real good, I bought a foam trainer for my grandkids to learn rc with, but they dont seem to be very interested in aircraft RC, Soooooooo i am going to put some GWS floats on it and fly it off water, the foam plane looks like a Estarter, its the Nitroplanes, Dynam 4Ch 'I Can Fly' RTF, a 2830 1000kv motor on a 1300mah 3 cell amd a 7x6 prop should make it fly well, I will give it a try anyway , Take care everyone.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Dont you just hate it when that happens :) on another forum, they are using corrosion x and soaking the esc in a jar , for a couple of days so it gets into everthing and seals the electronics, that seems to be working well, you cant just spray the corrosion x on the esc, it has to soak in real good, I bought a foam trainer for my grandkids to learn rc with, but they dont seem to be very interested in aircraft RC, Soooooooo i am going to put some GWS floats on it and fly it off water, the foam plane looks like a Estarter, its the Nitroplanes, Dynam 4Ch 'I Can Fly' RTF, a 2830 1000kv motor on a 1300mah 3 cell amd a 7x6 prop should make it fly well, I will give it a try anyway , Take care everyone.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html

Whoa that is awesome! I guess you could just strip off the heatshrink as well, since everything is insulated by the CorrosionX.

ananas1301

Whoa that is awesome! I guess you could just strip off the heatshrink as well, since everything is insulated by the CorrosionX.

You could but the heatshrink often also has the effect of keeping cables in a bundle so the cables don´t get messy.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
I flew my edge 540 in the snow using hobbyking skis with no problem. You just need the power to pull it through as they're much more sticky than wheels.

ananas1301

I flew my edge 540 in the snow using hobbyking skis with no problem. You just need the power to pull it through as they're much more sticky than wheels.

Oh wow I couldn´t imagine snow being very sticky but you never know and always learn something :D

We could think about how to reduce that effect.... Maybe laminating?

earthsciteach

Great video, Fred! The ducks mocking you in the background is classic. So many times I have been floating a beautiful creek with fly rod in hand, a trout rises, I go to cast only to catch a tree, rock, or myself. There is always a damned duck laughing its oily butt off. Arrogant birds.