SkyFX Might Mini P40 Livery Poll

Of the following P40 liveries, which are your top three to see on the the SkyFX Mighty Mini P40?

• Flying Tigers AVG

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Pearl Harbor US

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • STUD 325th FG US

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Gloria Lyons RNZAF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burma Banshees US

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Planes of Fame Air Museum P40N (Chino CA) Desert Camo, Shark Mouth US

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Maj. D.B. “Hoefie” Hauptfleisch (OC 2 Sqn) Desert Camo SAAF

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • 343rd “Aleutian Tiger” US

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Early Red Tails US

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other - Place description & pics in comments.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
The New Mighty Mini P40 is in the works! John has posted some pics on Facebook and Instagram and there have been many ideas for liveries for this iconic bird. I have gathered up the most requested but we still have a big list. For those of you who are waiting for its big brother, if and when it arrives, remember that SkyFX versions of the MM are low-hanging fruit for anything larger so your vote matters now! Please note: I did want to add a few fictional liveries such as from the movies "1941" - Wild Bill’s P40 and "Sky Captain and the World of tomorrow" but I ran out of selections I could use for the poll! :eek: . I will put in a comment for them and you can vote with your likes! :) Also please note, just because you vote for a livery or post a different one, does not guarantee it will be produced! It will just influence our choice a lot!

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Like this comment if you would like to see a SkyFX livery done for the movie "1941" - Wild Bill’s P40.
1637784596063.png

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I would love to see this:

1637795768735.png

the Russian paint scheme. It also has some history behind it. THe russians bought basically all production p40s after they retired for lack of producing their own planes

Tzsetzse

The New Mighty Mini P40 is in the works! John has posted some pics on Facebook and Instagram and there have been many ideas for liveries for this iconic bird. I have gathered up the most requested but we still have a big list. For those of you who are waiting for its big brother, if and when it arrives, remember that SkyFX versions of the MM are low-hanging fruit for anything larger so your vote matters now! Please note: I did want to add a few fictional liveries such as from the movies "1941" - Wild Bill’s P40 and "Sky Captain and the World of tomorrow" but I ran out of selections I could use for the poll! :eek: . I will put in a comment for them and you can vote with your likes! :) Also please note, just because you vote for a livery or post a different one, does not guarantee it will be produced! It will just influence our choice a lot!

Tzsetzse

C7FAC8E5-7DE4-4AB9-9E2B-260E55A8004D.jpeg

My “other” choice!
C7FAC8E5-7DE4-4AB9-9E2B-260E55A8004D.jpeg

Rasterize

Mentor
Like this comment if you would like to see a SkyFX livery done for the movie "Sky Captain and the World of tomorrow". Probably the most boring livery ever. I would do a decal kit. That would be cool.
1637784732210.png

Rasterize

Mentor
Well, this poll had been simmering for almost a week now. It looks like the Flying Tiger livery came in first (surprise surprise) followed by a late entry of an early "Red Tails" P40 livery, ironically without a red tail. This was followed closely by a Peral Harbor livery and in fourth place the Burma Banshee's with the big honking skull on the cowl. These will be the first four. If time permits, I will try and do as many on the list as possible, in an order of my choosing. I'll leave the poll open for a while longer. Thanks to all who participated!