SkySurfer Looses a Wing :(

RCD

I was making my landing approach and the wing slid off. Good times... lol Enjoy yet another one of my crashes. Lmao :D

jd7792

Hey guys do you know that the Skysurfer now comes with two screws to lock the main wings in place? Much better, easier and a MUCH better way to replace wings.....if anyone ever needed to of cause!

I like this way much more!

RCD

Hey guys do you know that the Skysurfer now comes with two screws to lock the main wings in place? Much better, easier and a MUCH better way to replace wings.....if anyone ever needed to of cause!

I like this way much more!
A guy at the field has the new SkySurfer with the wing bolts. He said that they actually dont work that well. :( I forget the reason why though.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
A guy at the field has the new SkySurfer with the wing bolts. He said that they actually dont work that well. :( I forget the reason why though.

Was it because of plastic nuts that get stripped? The good thing with the velcro is that it gives way in a hard crash.

RCD

YES!! That's what it was!lol He landed slightly on the wing and it broke the nuts and wingtips.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
And as Colorex mentioned, velcro is better. I'm told that rare earth magnets also do a really good job of holding the wing together without creating the (small amount of) drag that velcro does. I've got spare magnets, but I'll stick to the velcro for now methinks.

jd7792

Was it because of plastic nuts that get stripped? The good thing with the velcro is that it gives way in a hard crash.

The one that I have here has long steel screws, they pass through two fibreglass collars in the interior of the wings themself to keep them straight and then fasten into two threaded steel collars that are fixed into the plywood that all the wires thread through inside the body of the fuselage. No plastic in either of the two I got, plane 1 or 2.

(I just had a look for the leftovers of the first plane. All that I could find was other areas of the plane, sorry I was going to photo and post.)

I can't explain why mine is different???