Help! Slave Set Up DX6 to DX6 Wireless Trainer

LeeBee71

Hey Gang / Brains Trust / Fellow Flyers,

My friend and I are trying to set up our DX6 Tx's in a wireless trainer set up so that I can learn to fly my Zohd Delta Strike - which is an elevon aircraft. The problem isn't with the Master Set Up - that's fine.

My question is to do with the slave set up only.

So on the SLAVE Tx my friend added a New Model but then he went into system set up and set the set-up as an elevon set up. However, when he then binded the slave Tx to the Master Tx, the slave didn't operate the model properly, whereas the MASTER Tx was working the model correctly.

So my question is: when setting up the Slave on a new model, in the slave set-up should only "Acro" be selected before the Tx is bound to the master without going into what sort of flight surfaces it has?

When I've looked on YouTube you only get told about how to set up the master - very frustrating!

Cheers Lee Emerson (LeeBee71)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...the slave didn't operate the model properly...
A little more specifics would be helpful.
So what happened when the slave was in control? What did the model do?
I suspect you need to let the master do the mixing, set the slave up as an ordinary plane.

When setting up a slave, I like to have the model on the ground, have both Tx’s are switch control back and forth until the slave is trimmed to match the master’s trim. In other words, nothing moves when you transfer control.

Last edited:

LeeBee71

Hey Merv - I thought the whole point of setting up the slave was to bind with the master so that it would automatically take on the master's settings - in other words you really wouldn't have to "set up" the slave at all apart from creating a "new" acro model and then binding it to the master Tx. In terms of more details, all I can remember was that when the slave was controlling the plane only one elevon would respond when the aileron control was moved, whereas the master controlled it properly.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...so that it would automatically take on the master's settings - in other words you really wouldn't have to "set up" the slave at all apart from creating a "new" acro model...
Yes, I believe that is correct.

Now I’m confused, in your first post you said:
“So on the SLAVE Tx my friend added a New Model but then he went into system set up and set the set-up as an elevon set up.”

So was the salve in elevon mode or in standard acro mode?
Which ever way you did it, try the other way.

LeeBee71

Hey Merv - no he went in and set up elevon mode in the slave settings. Based on what you've said and inferring from what I've read, next time I'll just get him to create a new model and then get him to bind straight to the master. I bet I'm not the only flyer who gets puzzled by this because nothing was mentioned about "Slave Settings" on any video I've watched about wireless buddy boxing. We'll try it this week and I'll post back the results in this thread. Really appreciate your help!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...I'll just get him to create a new model and then get him to bind straight to the master...
Yes, I think the slave needs to be an ordinary plane & let the master do the mixing. I still think the slave will need to be trimmed to match the match the master. Fly the plane with the master, trim it out, then land. With the plane on the ground, set the slave trims so the control surface don’t move when you switch from master to slave.