I had a quick second blast with the heat gun and easily removed most of the wrinkles - I am thinking I will still try some clear 'cover-seal' to compare against the 'Monocoat' but one way or another it should be doable!
I need to think about glueing in the wing mounts - the wings have 7.4mm CF tubes with a 6.2 inner diameter and I managed to find some FG rod which is about 6.0mm neat - miraculously a match made in heaven - my plan is to drill the fuse @6.0mm and then drill through the CF skin 5mm deep @8mm diameter and then lightly glue the FG rods with the wings attached for alignment - then finish with more glue into the 8mm holes to plug-glue the rods with the CF skin
You'll need some sort of load bearing doubler (maybe a pickle fork? [snicker]) Inside where you drill the through holes which ideally should be installed before drilling. Did you clean out the fuselage? Couple layers glass ought to be enough, about 40 mm dia. Washers. Lazy people like me make a wing profile and scab that on the outside. On a proper ridge flyer, they are set to 0 degrees incidence, relying on wing nose profile up swept symmetry and a wee bit up trim for flight. Your mh32 profile looks like you'll need a degree or two positive unless it is more flat bottomed than it looks
Covering job looks better, low temp film should work great.
@Piotrsko - thanks for the positive comments - my plan is for the second pour of epoxy to collar the FG rods onto the CF braided skin - I will undercut the foam to get a good key.
I have been following @thenated0g with his build and in my CAD the highlighted orange lines are parallel (also parallel with the tail feathers) - I am a novice as you know - the aerofoil section spec I downloaded was set up this way so I just transferred it and it seemed to fit nicely with thenated0g's 2D - wings are 1 deg dihedral respectively!
our 'inspired by' the Ridge Rats are longer in the nose and have a wing chord @150mm down from the original and chubby 225mm.
Ok so move the nose rod upwards by about 2mm leave the rear alone. Ballpark guess, but your plan on 0 incidence may confound your trimming tests away from the slope. It will slow the plane down some and won't fly inverted as well either but also won't be so trim draggy.
@Piotrsko - it seems there is a small incidence in the Original Ridge Rat plan when I overlay it in CAD regardless that it is a different aerofoil section - I have put in a small amount that will effectively flatten the bottom of the wing with the horizontal stabiliser!
the second round of glue is in place - this time I pored the liquid epoxy into the holes, then added Microballons to thicken the epoxy and plug the holes both sides - a bit of sanding at it should be nice!
In theory, the wings will be held together onto the mounting posts with rubber bands - at this stage I am undecided on the routing of the servo wires for the wings, but probably I will thread the wires through a tube and then refit the plastic connector to the wires - once the wing and tail feathers can be dry fitted, I can look into the CG requirements (probably I will need help from @thenated0g) for that!
Rule of thumb: place your thumb so that one edge is touching the high point of the wing, the other edge faces the leading edge. That's more or less your CG range, typically under the main spar. Actually there should be data posted on your profile page for the root profile. Varies a lot based on how much control surface is available, more surface longer CG spot.
The glued wing mounts turned our really strong and the wing halves still fit well - the bottom of the wing aerofoil is parallel to the intended line of the feathers - actually, I quite impressed myself!
Today's job is to get the elevator hinges in and then dry-fit their position and review the CG (thanks for the input @Piotrsko) - Oh, and I need to go get some clear book cover film to try before committing to the Monocote.
I must remember to sort my wing servo mounts before covering!