Slope Soaring homage to 'thenated0g'

bracesport

Legendary member
@thenated0g - I have some 5x1 CF flats that I am considering for the internal structure of the wing - one vertical and one horizontal should hold the wing from flexing and bending - what do you think?

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.08.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.09.04 AM.png

kilroy07

Legendary member
@bracesport this is AWESOME, how did I miss it?!

So many cool ideas!
Unfortunately here in Illinois, there isn’t much slopes soaring going on (something to do with needing slopes I think...) but slap a folding prop on one.... 🤔

yep, I’ll be watching intently how this turns out!

bracesport

Legendary member
@thenated0g - I added the missing section of CF braid to the nose of the fuse (and patched a couple of 'sand-throughs' in the tail with FG cloth) and decided to try wrapping the wet epoxy with cling film - it feels reasonably firm so I think it will work - it is kind of like how the fishing rod guys wrap their tubes - if it works and you could set up a narrow film on a dispenser it could be a sweet way to do the fuse as you can pull quite hard as you wrap! :D

IMG_7255.JPG
IMG_7256.JPG

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
small update on the wing construction - I simplified matters by making the 6mm Alu rods through the fuse straight, and put the CF tubes trough the wing formers on a 1 deg angle - this makes assembly easier and puts the complexity of a 1 deg wing into the 3D printed parts! :D

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.41.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.43.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.43.26 PM.png