Slope Soaring homage to 'thenated0g'

Wildthing

Legendary member
Some progress this afternoon to cut the slots in the sidewalls of the fuse to allow the control arms from the wing through to the rotor mechanism - I also added the new CF tubes to provide the correct pivoting point for the wings - the next step will be to glue in the rotor mechanism and servo mounts! :D

The 3D printed wings weigh 300g, the fuse weighs 150g, and the total weight (no CG balance weight) with tail and servos is around 625g.

View attachment 150749 View attachment 150750 View attachment 150751 View attachment 150752 View attachment 150753
Pretty slick

mayan

Legendary member
Some progress this afternoon to cut the slots in the sidewalls of the fuse to allow the control arms from the wing through to the rotor mechanism - I also added the new CF tubes to provide the correct pivoting point for the wings - the next step will be to glue in the rotor mechanism and servo mounts! :D

The 3D printed wings weigh 300g, the fuse weighs 150g, and the total weight (no CG balance weight) with tail and servos is around 625g.

View attachment 150749 View attachment 150750 View attachment 150751 View attachment 150752 View attachment 150753
WOW WOW WOW! That looks amazing!

bracesport

Legendary member
Well, it looks like I am doing it - another V tail!

IMG_8159.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
IMG_8160.JPG

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
yeah if you do have controls in the back you could also try out wingeron which is ailerons only on wings and elevator in back and i would assume (but havent looked up) that you could do some kind of flap setup still. Thats one of the big big negatives of pitcheron setups is you have zero flaps or spoilers for landing in tight spots.