slope soaring

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Egads, I hate it when the quick release breaks off instead of releasing. I had a TBS Unify Pro that happened on.

You might want to add solder to those pin-headers. The solder should wick all the way through....

Cheers!
LB

bracesport

Legendary member
I saw online that some guys are just using one antenna with good results, but the newly direct soldered one seems to be working when tested for continuity - it is a damn good Rx the G-RX8, so with any luck, it will be running as good as new! :)

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
well, I decided to hack at my DTFB DLG to make a plank - the nose and tail have gone and I am printing some new pod parts - I had some tail feathers from a previous project that I think will work in some fashion - we will see once the pod has printed what it all might look like - big decision is whether to trim the wing down?

IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
well, I decided to hack at my DTFB DLG to make a plank - the nose and tail have gone and I am printing some new pod parts - I had some tail feathers from a previous project that I think will work in some fashion - we will see once the pod has printed what it all might look like - big decision is whether to trim the wing down?

View attachment 184639 View attachment 184640
Because I have basically no idea what that cool looking tail is made of, with the possible exception of some type of balsa, PLEASE tell me more about the material, and the dark stripes. I've never seen that before.

bracesport

Legendary member
glueing on the rear top section of the canopy - this part allows the front part on the canopy to slide and tongue onto it making for a sturdy mount - the front section can slide on and off (to access the servos) retained by rubberbands - kinda the opposite of banding the wing into place - I am banding the canopy into place.

IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
I found that for once this wing is nose heavy so I needed to add weight in the tail! Luckily the tail is mounted on a carbon fibre tube so a slug of steel rod inside that has evened everything out - I have not weighed it yet but I am guessing 350g. For once I will do some glide tests as I have no idea about the CG for these kinds of gliders - I have started with 25%. :)

bracesport

Legendary member
@PsyBorg - patience my friend, soon!

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@PsyBorg - patience my friend, soon!

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”

I was told NEVER to ask / pray for patience.. If you do you will be "Blessed" with a dozen offspring to better help learn it.

Wildthing

Legendary member
glueing on the rear top section of the canopy - this part allows the front part on the canopy to slide and tongue onto it making for a sturdy mount - the front section can slide on and off (to access the servos) retained by rubberbands - kinda the opposite of banding the wing into place - I am banding the canopy into place.

View attachment 185099 View attachment 185100
There is a scary guy staring at you when you took the second picture, look under the right wing :) .