slope soaring

Piotrsko

Master member
Just because it's RATED for 200 don't mean it has to fly that fast, it just means stupid stuff SHOULDN'T happen below 200.. When you get an aileron flutter and before you can react the plane becomes a puff of exploding parts, it's kind of annoying. This probably won't do that, that's all. Notice I said probably, you still have part installation to do

bracesport

Legendary member
It has been too long since my last outing - I am hoping the weather report is correct for Saturday - I have a window in the afternoon and the wind looks good for my local slope site.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 8.32.46 AM.png

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It has been too long since my last outing - I am hoping the weather report is correct for Saturday - I have a window in the afternoon and the wind looks good for my local slope site.

View attachment 149367

Nice...I was hoping for better weather to fly today, while the turkey was cooking; unfortunately, Southern California is being hit by a "bomb cyclone" - heavy rain and wind coming out of the opposite direction than what I need to fly at the beach!!!

bracesport

Legendary member
Well I got to fly yesterday - to cut a long story short I botched the Spit and had a 45 minute retrieval hike to the bottom of the cliff and back, but the Vista flew well before the rain called it off! Video to follow, and flying again tomorrow!

First time out with OTX on the Jumper T16 and loving it!

303480DD-2914-48BE-8C76-146915C9ABCF.jpeg

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Well I got to fly yesterday - to cut s long story short I botched the Spit and had a 45 minute retrieval hike to the bottom of the cliff and back, but the Vista flew well before the rain called it off! Video to follow, and flying again tomorrow!

First time out with OTX on the Jumper T16 and loving it!

View attachment 150853
WHATT!!!??? You flew? Frickin' frackin' A Awesome! I was becoming convinced that you were all show and no go. Seriously. I was going to tell @mayan to back off, because you just wanted to build, not necessarily fly. That'd be OK. Then you wanna go and spoil my mental image of you, and go flying? Good for you! My gosh, I cannot wait for the video! (y)(y)

mayan

Legendary member
WHATT!!!??? You flew? Frickin' frackin' A Awesome! I was becoming convinced that you were all show and no go. Seriously. I was going to tell @mayan to back off, because you just wanted to build, not necessarily fly. That'd be OK. Then you wanna go and spoil my mental image of you, and go flying? Good for you! My gosh, I cannot wait for the video! (y)(y)
Persistence works!

@bracesport glad your flying too :). Can’t wait for the video!

bracesport

Legendary member
Jono and his mates are pretty awesome pilots and to see the antics up close is pretty amazing - their combat ships are full-on EPP battle-ready machines and basically were ploughing into the cliff or cartwheeling on the ground then put straight back in the air for more! I was very lucky that Jono gave me one of his combat gliders to do a restoration on - it will be a great ship for flying and landing (and crashing) without too much fear of damage! :D

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Jono and his mates are pretty awesome pilots and to see the antics up close is pretty amazing - their combat ships are full-on EPS battle-ready machines and basically were ploughing into the cliff or cartwheeling on the ground then put straight back in the air for more! I was very lucky that Jono gave me one of his combat gliders to do a restoration on - it will be a great ship for flying and landing (and crashing) without too much fear of damage! :D
Let's see what this new warbird looks like. :)

bracesport

Legendary member
These battleships were produced in NZ a few years back by a company called 'Foamworks' and the model called 'Fusion' - all the guys flying on the weekend at least had one of them - 1.2m wingspan and AUW 1.1kg - I am looking forward to doing a restoration on this one! :D

IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8138.JPG

Last edited: