Slow And Steady Wins The Racer!!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Bring it up a bit high and get use to it's stall speed. It may be a higher speed than what you're use to.
I thought it was like limbo, how low can you go! :LOL: Probably is, and I will, usually do with any maiden then casually bring it down. The small control surfaces won't help in low speed either, more then likely need throttle all the time. The snow here right now is the perfect consistency for landings, soft and granular yet the severe cold here has stiffened it up a bit, almost like a soft pie crust.

Sero

Elite member
I thought it was like limbo, how low can you go! :LOL: Probably is, and I will, usually do with any maiden then casually bring it down. The small control surfaces won't help in low speed either, more then likely need throttle all the time. The snow here right now is the perfect consistency for landings, soft and granular yet the severe cold here has stiffened it up a bit, almost like a soft pie crust.

I figured you knew that, just making sure. I know when I maindened my first Racer I was trimming it out and it stalled on me, I was high enough to save it but I was really surprised.
I was pretty green then so....

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Racer went up for it's maiden today...
I was kind of expecting it to be a little faster, but I am also comparing it to some of my other planes that are lighter with the same motor and 3s batteries, still it handled like everyone else said it would, on rails. It carved up the sky! one thing I did notice that the elevator is 5 times more responsive then I gave it credit for, gonna hafta dial some more expo into that... again. I did start out with the first battery right on suggested CG, then the second battery I pushed all the way forward and I found I had more control at full throttle. The adjusted CG was about 1/2- 3/4" ahead of the suggested and it worked out a lot better.

Over all I like this plane, has potential for some good speed and as you can tell by the vid, it is quite maneuverable as well. The newly acquired 4s batteries will be a welcome upgrade to this plane, and I am thinking of doing a no non-sense stick speed demon to see how fast I can get this package to rip

Sero

Elite member
Racer went up for it's maiden today...
I was kind of expecting it to be a little faster, but I am also comparing it to some of my other planes that are lighter with the same motor and 3s batteries, still it handled like everyone else said it would, on rails. It carved up the sky! one thing I did notice that the elevator is 5 times more responsive then I gave it credit for, gonna hafta dial some more expo into that... again. I did start out with the first battery right on suggested CG, then the second battery I pushed all the way forward and I found I had more control at full throttle. The adjusted CG was about 1/2- 3/4" ahead of the suggested and it worked out a lot better.

Over all I like this plane, has potential for some good speed and as you can tell by the vid, it is quite maneuverable as well. The newly acquired 4s batteries will be a welcome upgrade to this plane, and I am thinking of doing a no non-sense stick speed demon to see how fast I can get this package to rip
Great video!
Which prop are you using and what is the KV of the motor?

bracesport

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE - Happy New Year - I reckon if I was to live elsewhere Canada would be on the list! I have been back at work for two weeks, we have been painting the house, and the weather has been pretty good too! It is getting awfully close to dusting off some gear for 2020 and getting back into it! Slacker that I am! :D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE - Happy New Year - I reckon if I was to live elsewhere Canada would be on the list! I have been back at work for two weeks, we have been painting the house, and the weather has been pretty good too! It is getting awfully close to dusting off some gear for 2020 and getting back into it! Slacker that I am! :D
Sounds like you have been hard at it around the house so I guess "slacker" is far from the right word. Keep it real man and I anticipate your next vid (y)