So FliteTest How Did We Do?

dholcomb

I grew up in north Georgia. I have hiked and camped a lot of trails in the southern Appalachian Mountains. The concept of "Taking only pictures and leaving only footprints" is ingrained in me. So FliteTest, how did we do? I sure hope we didn't do anything that would discourage the Fury's from inviting us to their beautiful home site again.?.

I am one of I am sure many who are looking forward to this community continuing to grow and prosper. I am looking forward to when we can meet again.

Thanks,
David (Beanie Hat) Holcomb

Dreamwalker

Less than 250 Grams!
I left around 4:00 PM on Sunday,and from what I saw there was no damage or trash lying around.
Everyone did a great job of cleaning up after themselves.

Tom

earthsciteach

I asked Fred how everything looked after we left (we rolled out with Dreamwalker) and he said that everyone did a nice job of cleaning up after themselves.

If I remember correctly, David, you and your wife were first in line at registration on Friday morning. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience as we were setting up and chasing down some technical problems which delayed the opening of registration.

The matching plane and beanie hat were awesome! Loved it!

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Glad to hear everyone did a good job of cleaning up. I'm always very careful and cary out my own trash at these events, but with the storm I was worried trash may have been blown around and not accounted for when people were heading out. It is good to hear that everyone showed so much respect for their property... I would certainly hope they invite us back. I only hope that the rain didn't make the traffic take too much of a toll on their beautiful yard...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The place looked awesome. Most "litter" could be attributed to the wind we suffered. If we're not allowed back, it won't be because of trash left behind.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I spoke with Mr. Furey today. He's very pleased. He said the grounds look like they'll bounce right back. The only "damage" was when the dump truck came to take the trash away, it broke through the ground and got rather stuck.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to keep the place clean. There's not many gatherings of this size that could have pulled that off.

TTMR

A leaf on the wind
Sweet because I can't think of a much better place. The only downside is that it is a little difficult to find with a dodgy GPS :p

Mytchak

KG5CZA
I spoke with Mr. Furey today. He's very pleased. He said the grounds look like they'll bounce right back. The only "damage" was when the dump truck came to take the trash away, it broke through the ground and got rather stuck.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to keep the place clean. There's not many gatherings of this size that could have pulled that off.

Great to know! I can't wait for next year!!!

rifted

That is nice to hear Fred, shame about the dump truck but well something had to give right? I'm uploading some of the pictures taken to my profile if some one wants to grab them feel free, their main propose is to be shared! Also thanks so much for the great people that volunteer it was great to work with all of you! Great time and it worth every penny! Shame it ended so fast and back to reality! lol