so i just got the um extra 300 3d

earthsciteach

Ugh. I felt bad for you, bro. Cheap and easy fix, though. Don't get discouraged! It looks like it will be a very fun airplane, once you get the hang of it!

At least the Mosquito flew well. And the F4U is amazing in the air!

Pilot-294

this is true, ill be ready to tackle it once i get a better tx. or maybe ill couch dive for change, and ill get the prop, and do it again outside where i have room to get used to the thing. i don't like the feel of the plane yet. ill learn tho. maybe not right away, but soon enough.

thanks for the encouragement tho! and the mossy did get you to roll! made my day hahaha!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you'd make out better without expos than I did. I did the exact same thing with my 4site. Crashed it hard and broke it with a DX5e, then got my DX8 and loved it. Might be able to do some horse trading and sell that DX5e and work your way into a DX6i. Great radio and a whole lot cheaper than a DX8, but only 80 bucks less than a DX7s surprisingly.

earthsciteach

"and the mossy did get you to roll! made my day hahaha!"

THAT is a video worth posting! LOL! I'm used to diving out of the way of RC planes. Vince, the kid that was there today, keeps us all on our toes!

earthsciteach

And, anyway... Why did your fiance keep cowering behind me when your were flying the copter? I warned her that I can duck and roll with the best of them!

Pilot-294

i tried frustratingly long to post that video, I'm gonna have to wait till i find the hidden power cord that will allow me to upload (i think) and kris is just scared as hell of that chopper hahaha idk why. maybe a past life bad experience lol. maybe cus I'm a LOOOOOTTT better with fixed wings and have minimal control of that heli.

ill trouble shoot that vid tomorrow ill submit it as all three of the flights in one. so i don't have to split it. y'all can see me fly (attempt flying) the mossie inside, enjoy the corsair, AND break the propshaft on the extra, no heli footage, kris was too busy running hahaha

Pilot-294

not to bump the thread... but, "bump!"

so today i have repaired the UMX Extra 300 3D with a new prop shaft. i also moved the control arms out to the farthest hole as to attempt to manually control my throws. gonna try it again soon as i can. ill update with results as soon as i fly it again. hopefully ill have more luck!