so new at this i might get lost and two weeks till im in ohio

captian kazuma

smile. you've got wings.
hi i am new to rc thank to flite test. i started in may and didn't think id be going to flite fest.

i got every thing i need but, i only have one or two lipos and don't got much packed or decided on. not only am i new to rc but this will be my first trip on my own and out of state.

i hope to have money on me. i don't know what to expect and im worried i have no clue what im getting into i can't wait to fly with people who will have lesson to teach me. my fears have never stop me so i will be there i leave the 21st on a grey hound and will be in ohio 24

i think but i don't got a way around ohio and will need to be in arkon on monday to catch the bus home and i don't have a way to aand from the bus station and flite fest.

i am asking for help. i can't wait to meet great people and fly all day in a place i've never been, but i scared and worried. i wish i could have taken my brothers with me we do all most every thing to together. i have four little brothers and we all have flown thanks to flite test.

i'm going to flite fest to learn and share that with my brothers so we together can build and fly. we have build and flow 4 planes a pices. i am in the works of getting things for the trip but after its all about us flying together.

i got dx5e's and blade nano as well as a few power pods and planes for me and my oldest brother. im hope to buy and learn enought to keep my hole family in the air. becouse of flite test me and my 3 brothers and two of my best friends will have dx's and umx radians by the end of the year. i am a ama member and my brothers will soon be too. doing this by myself is scary but what i can bring back to my family is worth it.

A FAMILY THAT WORKS TOGETHER, PLAYS TOGETHER AND STAYS TOGETHER. thank you for the flite test family. you have enriched my life and goals, my family and friends. you have givin us something that we can never repay. WINGS. smile you gave me WINGS. a pair for every soul. my family friends and i feel free. we never would be in the sky if it wasn't for flite test. i can't wait to meet people and fly with people at flite fest. thank you again you change my life.

You seem very passionate about flight! But in truth, we all are! I'm 20, and my family says I've gone obsessive about airplanes. I'll admit, it's possible, very possible. ;)

Anyway, don't worry about being new! I've only been in the hobby a year now. And I'm sure there'll be people at FF that are even younger in the flight world than I!

From what I understand FliteTest is tailoring this event to new pilots. So you should feel right at home. And it's all electric, so you'll have less of the stuffy old gaser pilots. ;)

I'm guessing that there will be some vendors and people from which to buy at FF. Though I don't know how much. They've talked on the show about vendors, but there's no official word that I know of on who and/or what will be there.

My name is Mark Baldridge, look me up when you get there! I'll be camping there all three days with a couple other friends!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Cap, don't worry about being new, or having "too little to fly with".

The best thing about these types of events is getting to see what other people bring, meeting those people, and hanging out with the various groups that will form.

Even though we're one big Flite Test family I have a feeling that smaller camps will develop. It's always great seeing how each one forms and grows. Walk around, introduce yourself to the people at each one, and you'll be amazed at how fast the time will fly by.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Fred

Gryf

What FlyingMonkey said... I have a funny feeling that you'll settle in immediately and feel right at home. As for your being new at this, I'm 58 and finally got into RC just last year, thanks to FliteTest. As as for being obsessive, my dear wife has instructed me to ease off on the HobbyKing orders, as I'm starting to nibble into the household budget a bit. Suggesting to her that I could go to our Local Hobby Shop instead and spend more for the same stuff didn't make any impression. Unfortunately, she's practical. :)

Meeting with other enthusiasts can be infectious, and very encouraging. Back when I was an active Bluegrass musician, jamming at festivals was huge fun, and a great way to make friends and hone my guitar and mandolin chops. Later, when I got into British sports cars, showing my MG at our local All-British event every fall has become something of a pilgrimage - a chance to hook up with kindred spirits, share the joys and sorrows of keeping an old car on the road, etc. etc.

So don't worry. I suspect you'll go home from FliteFest fully pumped up and recharged - like a LiPo.

Hope to see you there, and I hope we all get name tags or something so we'll know who's who.

Cheers,

Gryf

bitogre

i think but i don't got a way around ohio and will need to be in arkon on monday to catch the bus home and i don't have a way to and from the bus station and flite fest.

i am asking for help.

If I am reading this correctly, you are asking for a ride from the bus depot in Arkon to the event on Thursday and for a ride back to the bus depot in Akron on Monday. Is that correct?

Have you figured where you are going to stay during the event or is that an area you also need help with? Do you have plans for food at the event or is that another area you want help with?

I do not know about anyone else, but I am willing to help you with any of the above issues though I may not be able to meet all your needs.

For example, I am not sure about picking you up from or giving you a ride back to Akron but if you could take a second bus from Akron to Canton (and back), I'd be happy to give you a ride to/from Canton and the event. Maybe some one else might be able to give you a ride to/from Akron.

I will be attending by my self but will be bringing a huge tent and would be happy to share it with you if that helps. I am also going to be cooking my own food on site and can bring extra if you can chip in.

Please be specific about what help you need so we can work with you to meet your needs.

captian kazuma

smile. you've got wings.
i have camping and food covered. the bus should drop in in canton,bitogre and yes a ride. i got a camping pass and a tent, supplies the hole 9 just i don't drive at all. im hopeing to grab some thing from local shops so i don't have to worry about carring it on the bus. if your in canton i could us a guild/ride. i thank you for your help but i most give some thing in return.

and why would i need a name tag gryf, im the guy in all purple and a bowler hat with a red plastic feather on it, you'll know its me. i can't wait to meet you all.

oh yeah but I'm stratton smith aka kazuma drewsin on facebook, but i watch out there are touchie subjects on there. i look forward to meeting flite test and the community behind rc and being exposed to this has changed my life around. i have a better out look and understanding where i want to be in life. thank you hope to hear from you all.

bitogre

i have camping and food covered. the bus should drop in in canton,bitogre and yes a ride. i got a camping pass and a tent, supplies the hole 9 just i don't drive at all. im hopeing to grab some thing from local shops so i don't have to worry about carring it on the bus. if your in canton i could us a guild/ride. i thank you for your help but i most give some thing in return.

Glad to hear you have things so well covered. I do not live in Canton but Canton is not that far out of my way nor is it too far from the event site. I'd be happy to give you a ride to/from Canton bus station. Feel free to call me or email me to make arrangements (I'm on gmail with the same user name and my phone number also uses my user name in the 234 area code). If you find some one local, that would be better but I figured I'd offer to make sure you have at least one option.

I look forward to seeing you there.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Cap, I think I found your Facebook page…. and I see you're a nerd. Maybe it's a geek. I don't keep up with modern terminology.

Doesn't matter, you're going to fit in just fine. Looking forward to meeting you.