Help! So things just are not working out.

Steamy Piles

I live in Alberta, welcome fellow Canuck. I have been with FT for almost coming onto two years. I have only don the scratch building so I am not sure as to the condition of the SBK's. Like you I have built upwards of the triple digit mark in another handful of new planes i am sure. Some i have built 4 in a row, or the Scout was 8 times now. I have been getting more used to ordering from Great Hobbies and trying to source from Canadian warehouses for the same shipping reasons. You say you have been ordering batts from them, I should look into that. I usually buy them right at the store.

Where north of the 49th are you at?

Mancouver :)

Steamy Piles

Oohf, not good. I would say FT ought to go inspect their third party distributors but... Pandemic. :/

As for A and B folds being cut right through, don't worry: I use paper-less Depron foam and so for FT Designs I have to cut straight through the red cross-hatched areas anyway. Stick a thick strip of tape to face of one piece of foam with plenty of it sticking out. Apply glue along the edge and stick the loose piece on. Using the desk to keep everything level, you can simply push the loose piece downwards and against the base piece - the tape will prevent the glue from bleeding out and sticking everything to the desk. Now you can wrap the tape up onto the outside face of the ever-so-recently-loose piece and your join will be even stronger than it would have been with paper, with little added weight. :)

View attachment 188148
Yeah, it wasn't just the 100% cut throughs, it was the formers being cut wrong, the rear stabilizer cut wrong, only getting half the rudder, it was actually kinda funny, you know it was somebody's first day on the job...or maybe the last lolz, who knows, either way FT stepped in and have fixed the issue and I am 110% happy and satisfied. :)

Steamy Piles

Okay @Corsair714. I did not realize this earlier. I was just looking at another store that was illegally selling flitetest products and the two stores got mixed up in my mind. @Steamy Piles The problem may be the shipping rout being bumpy and shaking out the pieces, or that something is wrong with FliteTest's laser.
I am sorry for any confusion

No bro, it was a cutting issue, I thought I had posted pics, but maybe not, stuff was cut on sheets that had been too small and, well, sht happens eh!

Headbang

Master member
One more thing, the people at great hobbies in edmonton are fantastic, and in no way have I ever seen anything that looks like a knock off or non genuine product from flite test. I thumb through the box of speed build kits every time I go in (which used to be a few times a week, but is down to a few months in between now)

Steamy Piles

One more thing, the people at great hobbies in edmonton are fantastic, and in no way have I ever seen anything that looks like a knock off or non genuine product from flite test. I thumb through the box of speed build kits every time I go in (which used to be a few times a week, but is down to a few months in between now)
from my original post "So, I decided to call tech support and the guy I talked to was really helpful and I sent him a mail with pics that he will forward to FT to get a replacement kit sent out, absolutely awesome customer service from Joe at Great Hobbies in Edmonton :). "

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
from my original post "So, I decided to call tech support and the guy I talked to was really helpful and I sent him a mail with pics that he will forward to FT to get a replacement kit sent out, absolutely awesome customer service from Joe at Great Hobbies in Edmonton :). "
Joe in the Edmonton store has helped me out a lot, very informative.

Corsair714

Yeah, it wasn't just the 100% cut throughs, it was the formers being cut wrong, the rear stabilizer cut wrong, only getting half the rudder, it was actually kinda funny, you know it was somebody's first day on the job...or maybe the last lolz, who knows, either way FT stepped in and have fixed the issue and I am 110% happy and satisfied. :)
Glad you got it all figured out!