Soarer XXL

Arcfyre

Elite member
@Arcfyre - awesome! what is your camera setup (I'm keen to capture some footage)?!

I have two that I use. The above video was my keychain camera, a tiny little thing I just Velcro to the wing:

Keychain Camera 808 1080P Motion Activated Portable DV Sport Action Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E5HDXF2/?tag=lstir-20

The other camera that I've been using is a GoPro knockoff. It's quite a bit larger and heavier so I've been struggling to figure out how to get it in the air comfortably.

AKASO EK7000 4K WiFi Sports Action Camera Ultra HD Waterproof DV Camcorder 12MP 170 Degree Wide Angle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGM33HG/?tag=lstir-20

mayan

Legendary member
Seems so floaty as if it just floats in the air, calmly and softly :).
You scared me in the first video was sure you are landing in the lake showing us a emergancy landing :).
On the second video there were points when it felt like the plane was standing in the air and the video was truely amazing.
OHHH NO! Did you get it down?!

BTW it seemed in the video like the tail was always down as if it had a constant nose up at ~45 degrees was it maybe a bit tail heavy?

Arcfyre

Elite member
No, it's still in the tree. It's been there since Wednesday the 26th. Will be a week tomorrow. I got lucky and the camera came off yesterday and fell down so I was able to retrieve it.

mayan

Legendary member
No, it's still in the tree. It's been there since Wednesday the 26th. Will be a week tomorrow. I got lucky and the camera came off yesterday and fell down so I was able to retrieve it.
Ouch that hurts. Dude it’s mocking you get a ladder, some rope and a long poll and it get it the hell down!

kilroy07

Legendary member
the last one is the most dramatic
Yup... Been there done that!
We threw rocks and sticks (even a water bottle till it popped on one landing) finally the camera came off with the nose...
The rest I didn't care too much about... :LOL:

Now I have 4x8' sections of PVC pipe in the back of the truck... That's my PRD (Plane Retrieval Device.)

Arcfyre

Elite member
Yup... Been there done that!
We threw rocks and sticks (even a water bottle till it popped on one landing) finally the camera came off with the nose...
The rest I didn't care too much about... :LOL:

Now I have 4x8' sections of PVC pipe in the back of the truck... That's my PRD (Plane Retrieval Device.)

Thinking about going into the trained squirrel business. Might be a market for it... Lol

kilroy07

Legendary member
Thinking about going into the trained squirrel business.
You ought to get this squirrel, if he can fly a plane he can retrieve one! :ROFLMAO:

For really high trees, I've thought about attaching treble (fishing) hooks to my old phantom 2+....
But... I'd probably just end up with two aircraft stuck in a tree!... (good grief.)

Arcfyre

Elite member
You ought to get this squirrel, if he can fly a plane he can retrieve one! :ROFLMAO:

For really high trees, I've thought about attaching treble (fishing) hooks to my old phantom 2+....
But... I'd probably just end up with two aircraft stuck in a tree!... (good grief.)

Yeah I have the baby DJI (Spark) and my wife talked me out of a similar probably ill-fated expedition. After all it's just foam and $50 worth of electronics. Not worth risking a drone worth ten time that.

Is that squirrel for hire? Lol.

mayan

Legendary member
It's easily 150 feet up. 30 meters or more.
Then get out your ninja moves and climb the damn tree. That's what I did when one of my Mini Mighy Mini TT versions landed on the roof of a building where I was flying during my break at work :).

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Arcfyre

Elite member
@mayan Just to give you an idea of the level of ninja skills required:

DJI_0178.JPG