Soarer XXL

Arcfyre

Elite member
Part of the XXL came down today! The wreckage is now in three parts, as the wing has broken in half. I have recovered half of the wing, and the other half and the fuse is still in the tree. Here's hoping I get lucky in the next few days.

20190411_165442.jpg
20190411_165536.jpg
IMG-20190411-WA0013.jpeg
20190411_170024.jpg

daxian

Elite member
had a similar problem a while back ...i feel for you !! mine was up that flippin tree for over 3 months ...till the rubber bands perished ...then it came home !! you are unlucky that the tail is wedged ....your only option woud be an arbirist/tree surgeon...but the cost might be overkill ...cut your losses and buy a new prop !!

Arcfyre

Elite member
TODAY WAS THE DAY!

My simple soarer XXL (pieces) are all back down out of the tree! All said and done the airframe spent 24 days out in the elements.

The LiPo was fully discharged and is now ballast.

The wing was completely destroyed.

The control surfaces on the tail have sheared clean off, and the fuse has a crack clean through near the tail.

As for good news, I powered on the RX, and believe it or not all the electronics are working! I don't even think I'll have to rebuild this powerpod, it has come through it so well.

im glad to have it back and I'll be getting it back in the air soon.
20190412_175452.jpg
20190412_175407.jpg
20190412_181425.jpg
20190412_182245.jpg

mayan

Legendary member
TODAY WAS THE DAY!

My simple soarer XXL (pieces) are all back down out of the tree! All said and done the airframe spent 24 days out in the elements.

The LiPo was fully discharged and is now ballast.

The wing was completely destroyed.

The control surfaces on the tail have sheared clean off, and the fuse has a crack clean through near the tail.

As for good news, I powered on the RX, and believe it or not all the electronics are working! I don't even think I'll have to rebuild this powerpod, it has come through it so well.

im glad to have it back and I'll be getting it back in the air soon. View attachment 128755 View attachment 128756 View attachment 128757 View attachment 128758
That's great news, so happy for you buddy!

Arcfyre

Elite member
@Arcfyre - I’m pretty sure I run the same props - mine are 11x6 and 10x5 - Great to have the electronics to reuse!

Nice to see I am not the only one using popsicle stick stiffeners!

I'm really happy to have this prop back. And yes, the popsicle sticks were needed in this case to reinforce a repair to the fuse. They work well for that.