Okay you mooks, sit your tails down and listens up. Craft Sticks! This delightful items come in packs of 45 or more, 10 inch long, 1.25 inch wide, 1.5 mm thick! And they are... Wood! Frame your nose gear box with them to assist in support! Then peel off the lower outside paper, press in one from front to back, glue box in place. Voila! And you can drill holes or cut frame wedges out to lighten, yet retain strength!
My bird I intend to use one piece of paint stick against the front bulkhead, attaching Dubro nose gear pivots for a true-er mount, and then support with craft sticks.
For Modification of Nose Gear Location: A second extension narrower box can be made with craft sticks to move the nose gear forward and enhance support.

Gazoo

Okay you mooks, sit your tails down and listens up. Craft Sticks! This delightful items come in packs of 45 or more, 10 inch long, 1.25 inch wide, 1.5 mm thick! And they are... Wood! Frame your nose gear box with them to assist in support! Then peel off the lower outside paper, press in one from front to back, glue box in place. Voila! And you can drill holes or cut frame wedges out to lighten, yet retain strength!
My bird I intend to use one piece of paint stick against the front bulkhead, attaching Dubro nose gear pivots for a true-er mount, and then support with craft sticks.
For Modification of Nose Gear Location: A second extension narrower box can be made with craft sticks to move the nose gear forward and enhance support.
Nice. Post a pic if you can. I did a G-Pig with a steerable nose gear with paint stick reinforcement. It looked pretty bad and performed even worse. But it lasted as long as the rest of the plane lasted...not very long. I'd like to see some ideas!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Wow. A rodent called me a Mook and said I had to sit my tail down for his awesome revelation. Which I don't understand. We need pics or video you Mooky Rodent mook type thingy. And, I don't have a tail. Not even a butt, really, but... we won't go there. :cool: