[SOLVED] Can't seem to find Simple Storch Window decals (printable if possible?)

Intashu

Elite member
Working on my simple Storch, about to lay down paint on the fuse this week after cleaning up some of the exposed edges, Got me looking at how clean and good the window decals look, and to my disappointment I cannot seem to find them anywhere. a lot of dead links on flitetest's site. I have vinyl sheets, I'd like to just print one out myself if I could, but I'm starting to think I'll need to just measure and make my own from scratch as I can't seem to find ANY digital images of it on a sheet to work with. Does anyone have the window sheets either pictured flat proper or preferable already modeled accurately so I can print and stick them?

I'll absolutely eyeball measure up the things and cut them from scratch if I have to, but I'd really prefer to save myself the time, and potential inconsistency if someone else already took the time to make a flat printable design of them! Doesn't help that it's two dozen small triangles instead of simpler windows!

I'm surprised if they are no longer available as a purchasable vinyl that the design used to print them isn't at least available to download to make our own. The Storch just seems like such a good simple STOL plane to goof around with at the part so I'm excited to be able to maiden it this weekend if the weather holds up!

Appreciate any help!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Working on my simple Storch, about to lay down paint on the fuse this week after cleaning up some of the exposed edges, Got me looking at how clean and good the window decals look, and to my disappointment I cannot seem to find them anywhere. a lot of dead links on flitetest's site. I have vinyl sheets, I'd like to just print one out myself if I could, but I'm starting to think I'll need to just measure and make my own from scratch as I can't seem to find ANY digital images of it on a sheet to work with. Does anyone have the window sheets either pictured flat proper or preferable already modeled accurately so I can print and stick them?

I'll absolutely eyeball measure up the things and cut them from scratch if I have to, but I'd really prefer to save myself the time, and potential inconsistency if someone else already took the time to make a flat printable design of them! Doesn't help that it's two dozen small triangles instead of simpler windows!

I'm surprised if they are no longer available as a purchasable vinyl that the design used to print them isn't at least available to download to make our own. The Storch just seems like such a good simple STOL plane to goof around with at the part so I'm excited to be able to maiden it this weekend if the weather holds up!

Appreciate any help!
can you read a vector file? like a .eps? If so I can send as that format or can send as a jpeg. either way you can scale to whatever size they need to be

Intashu

Elite member
can you read a vector file? like a .eps? If so I can send as that format or can send as a jpeg. either way you can scale to whatever size they need to be
Never tried to open a .eps file, so unsure if the software available to me can do that or not (I do have draftsight which handles a ton more file types than I have ever used) But a .jpeg should work as well! Thanks!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
here they are in both formats, size should be right

Attachments

• simple storch decals.eps
    270.5 KB · Views: 0
  • simple storch decals.jpg
    simple storch decals.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0

Intashu

Elite member
here they are in both formats, size should be right
Appreciate this greatly! Turns out I can't open the .esp file with what I got on hand, but I can make the Jpeg work just as well. This saves me a ton of time trying to approximate the windows based on images!!

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Appreciate this greatly! Turns out I can't open the .esp file with what I got on hand, but I can make the Jpeg work just as well. This saves me a ton of time trying to approximate the windows based on images!!
not a problem at all, anytime (y)