Some Tek Sumo/Popwing tips?

Carbon

Elemental Madness
So I'm picking up a Tek Sumo from a friend on Sunday but it is missing a few things. First off, it does not have vertical stabilizers on the wing tips. What can I get to make them and does anyone have the dimensions? Also where is the CH on this bird? AAnd one more question; this is my first flying wing, do I need to set a brake function on the ESC to keep from breaking props?
Thanks so much guys!

-C

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So I'm picking up a Tek Sumo from a friend on Sunday but it is missing a few things. First off, it does not have vertical stabilizers on the wing tips. What can I get to make them and does anyone have the dimensions? Also where is the CH on this bird? AAnd one more question; this is my first flying wing, do I need to set a brake function on the ESC to keep from breaking props?
Thanks so much guys!

-C

Make those stabilizers any size you want. Foamboard, coroplast, EPP, corrugated boxes, anything will do for quite a while.

CG? Calculate it yourself!

http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/

You can set up brake function if you want, it's not necessary on a wing. The prop is most likely mounted with a prop saver. Note that the brake function doesn't necessarily make the prop stop horizontally, it might as well stop vertically. ESC brake is designed for gliders with folding propellers.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Alright, I just bought a prop saver.
I'll calculate it once I get it. Coroplast is a great idea! I will use that for now.

Question about covering film: Do I need to put laminate film first or can I just iron the covering film right onto the EPP?

(it is a white EPP wing with no details)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Alright, I just bought a prop saver.
I'll calculate it once I get it. Coroplast is a great idea! I will use that for now.

Question about covering film: Do I need to put laminate film first or can I just iron the covering film right onto the EPP?

(it is a white EPP wing with no details)

A friend of mine has a bare EPP wing (Bonsai 600mm). It only has scars from the nose to the motor, as that is the tension points. I reckon a good tape job would do the trick!

Taping the Wing | The Extreme Wing

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I wanted covering film for the color! Not so much for protection..

There is colored tape available! :D

Anyway, it's 23:30 and I have to work tomorrow so I will let someone else help you with the covering film.

lonewolf7717

I am far from a flying wing expert by any means but do have experience with fast delta wing belly landers. I never set a break function on any of those as I wanted the prop to have free movement as I landed. Never had a broken prop, a little grass stained maybe but never broken. The prop saver is a good idea but a bit of a pain in my estimation, broken o-rings and the likelihood you will have to resituate your prop after every landing. If prop saver is the route for you may I suggest instead of o-rings which aren't cheap and have a bad tendency of breaking you use 3/8" surgical tubing cut into rings. I buy mine at a local Ace Hardware and a couple feet will make A LOT of very strong durable rings. I second the coroplast winglets, very durable stuff that can take a great deal of abuse while being very light. Best of luck!