Someone PLEASE make me stop!!

TomCub

I can't stop adding details to my Duster!!!
IMG_0260 (433x580).jpg
Thought I was finished, and every time I see another picture of Dusty, I see something he needs!
The circle around the 7s', is driving me nuts!

lonewolf7717

You sir have created what should be considered a static model....hang it from the ceiling and bring it out only on special occasions. Too nice to fly, of course I'm the sort of guy with some strange superstitions about painting a plane I enjoy flying.

TomCub

Yea...I hate it when it just lies around wanting something else done to it...Promised my Grandson he could see the maiden.

TomCub

Thank you, Cranialrectosis...My first scratch build.
I have a few pics of the build I thought I might post, if there was an interest.
There are quite a few mods to the plans, as you can see.

N222NY

Beautiful build!

I think you should make his crop dusting sprayer attachment. Some long black bendy straws all piped together could work. Fill a little water baloon with water and orange food coloring and pipe it to the straw array. Pinch it shut with a clothes pin or some such device and put it in dusty internally. Rig it to a servo for spray on/spray off functionality. Engage in multiple low speed low passes with water on and post it to youtube for our enjoyment! Thank me very much!!! :cool:

Shawn

TomCub

That's a great idea...I think baby powder would be better, would blow right off your plane afterwards....STOP IT...you know I'm weak!!
Beautiful build!

I think you should make his crop dusting sprayer attachment. Some long black bendy straws all piped together could work. Fill a little water baloon with water and orange food coloring and pipe it to the straw array. Pinch it shut with a clothes pin or some such.device and put it in dusty internally. Rig it to a servo for spray on/spray off functionality. Engage in multiple low speed low passes with water on and post it to youtube for our enjoyment! Thank me very much!!! :cool:

Shawn

whiskeyjack

Hi Tomcub,
Really nice biuld you got there. I also have a question. Where did you get the spinner? I"ve been looking for a small diameter 3 blade spinner for a Mozzie biuld I"m hoping to do this winter. The smallest I can find is a 2" from Du-Bro but yours looks like it may be smaller. If it is could you direct me to where I might get one? WJ.

TomCub

TomCub, where did you get the orange tape?

Baron
I've had it for a couple of years, not for sure, but I think this is where I got it, Colored Carton Sealing Tape. It comes in 110 yard rolls, I believe I got the rainbow pack, all the basic colors. I used all the black making stripping a decals. The black on Dusty is black electrical tape under clear packing tape.

Tom

TomCub

Hi Tomcub,
Really nice biuld you got there. I also have a question. Where did you get the spinner? I"ve been looking for a small diameter 3 blade spinner for a Mozzie biuld I"m hoping to do this winter. The smallest I can find is a 2" from Du-Bro but yours looks like it may be smaller. If it is could you direct me to where I might get one? WJ.
This one came off of a Flyzone FW 190, I tried to fly through a building. This was part of the replacement parts. The FW wound up being a fatality, sooooo, Dusty got it. Here's a link to the spinner, here's the prop
Tom

TomCub

This one came off of a Flyzone FW 190, I tried to fly through a building. This was part of the replacement parts. The FW wound up being a fatality, sooooo, Dusty got it. Here's a link to the spinner, here's the prop
Tom
oh, this spinner is a 2" spinner, maybe too big? on a 10X6.

TomCub

Well I couldn't stand it... Had to change the LG. Had this off an old Cessna 182, I once destroyed (all but the LG and a few other odds and ends).

Attachments

• Dusties LG.jpg
    Dusties LG.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 14

TomCub

Then, with all the Grandkids here on Thanksgiving, we got to do the maiden...Here's the vid.

I can finally hang this thang UP!

DDSFlyer

Phew...did your heart skip a beat when you landed that thing? Great looking build, glad the maiden went well

TomCub

Phew...did your heart skip a beat when you landed that thing? Great looking build, glad the maiden went well

Thank you, and yes sir it did...almost as bad as take off when almost tipping a wing...that would have been a pretty cartwheel. Any landing where I don't break anything is a good one.

Tom

Rimmy

I have every desire to make the t-33 wing end of movie paint scheme dusty. Just cuz.

And someone needs to do smoke. You know, and dust some crops.