Someone tell me which video transmitter to get.

saundw

I am thru with my RangeVideo 900mhz transmitter after it will not work with my DJI Flamewheel 450 Quadcopter with Naza and GPS. I am planning on getting a new transmitter that will work with my setup. I am using Dragonlink for control. I am trying to avoid 900mhz because I think it might be getting interference from the quad. The video signal works, but when I turn on the motors the video becomes "shifty" meaning the there are lines and they move in an upward direction. It's not fuzzy at all. I am aiming for a 2.4 but I'm not sure. That's why I posted this thread. Suggestions welcome (and needed ;) )

Thanks!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Before you ditch the current vtx, do you run the lot on the same battery pack? If so, and you're not using an lc filter, the lines when you turn the motors on are likely due to interference from the ESCs going through the circuit.

If you're not using an lc filter, they're super easy to make, and if properly set up will take all the lines out.

If I'm on the wrong track, there could be vibration from one or more motors. Make sure you've got enough vibration dampening, especially around the camera.

saundw

I am using a different battery for the TX.

I am also using a lot of vibration dampening. I'm using a pool noodle to be exact. Could it possibly be interference from ESCs? or GoPro? Cause I'm using that too.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, it could be ESCs. Get those ESC cables as far away as possible from the vtx and camera wiring (or as much as possible). The GoPro's unlikely to be the culprit.

If you can't get all the video wiring away from the ESC wiring, you could always chuck in an lc filter as close to the camera and vtx as possible. Make it removable though, as some people report that the lc filter makes it harder for the gps to lock on (I don't know how...)

Nonamerc

Arman
I am thru with my RangeVideo 900mhz transmitter after it will not work with my DJI Flamewheel 450 Quadcopter with Naza and GPS. I am planning on getting a new transmitter that will work with my setup. I am using Dragonlink for control. I am trying to avoid 900mhz because I think it might be getting interference from the quad. The video signal works, but when I turn on the motors the video becomes "shifty" meaning the there are lines and they move in an upward direction. It's not fuzzy at all. I am aiming for a 2.4 but I'm not sure. That's why I posted this thread. Suggestions welcome (and needed ;) )

Thanks!

If you are going to use 2.4 GHz buy the 2.4 GHz 500 mw lawmate vtx. Dont buy the lawmate 1000mw 2.4 VTX its old technology and the filtering on that vtx is not as good as on the 500 mw 2.4 GHz vtx from lawmate. The 500 mw vtx has better filtering and technology then the 1000mw.

I hope that you can get your 900mhz working!