Sopwith Pup, 1/3 Scale by Balsa USA, Rescue

skyrydr2

Thanks , they are a pain to make and you need 12 for wings and 2 for landing gear! So 14 total on the big ones, I bought 24 of the little ones from TopModel in France for about $2 each with shipping.

skyrydr2

It is a very good deal but they are pretty tiny compaired to the main units I'm building now!.
I'm very impressed with the service I recieved from them too. I ordered them monday morning and had them Thursday afternoon. I even got the instrument panel gauges too, from them.
Their hardware is top notch stuff too.
I feel a bit guilty hijacking this thread , I sure hope the OP doesn't mind?

skyrydr2

Im not sure the G38 with 2.88:1 reduction and 32x12 prop has enough thrust ? I need to scale it and see. My tach doesn't like that big prop and I have no idea what it's spinning at?
20200227_193804_002.jpg

Got my covering and started to cover the fuselage! Oratex is a dream to apply! View attachment 162458
I've been curious about the stuff. They make a certified version of Oratex for full scale planes, but the rolls from BalsaUSA are too large for the stuff that I am flying. $65 is too much of an investment in a single color for a 1/2 A scale.

Is the Oratex textured? It would be nice to have a replacement for the Coverite to use for WW1 era models.

skyrydr2

One roll is a lot . But it is lite and really goes on nice! Compound curves are eady peasy with this stuff and a good iron. And yes it is a woven texture.